What's new

Pete & Andre: A Match For The Ages (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Probably one of the greatest tennis matches of all -time occured on Wednesday night-Thursday morning. It will be discussed for years to come. Bravo to both gentlemen for all they have meant to tennis.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
[Edited last by Peter Kline on September 06, 2001 at 07:34 AM]

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I agree. That was probably the best tennis match I've ever seen.
Jeff

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
If Andre could have taken the 4th set, you know the 5th would have looked just like what had preceeded it. Damnit Andre, you slacker!
wink.gif

brentl

Senior HTF Member
You guys are KILLING ME :). It's one of the problems of working midnights, I tend to miss stuff like that.
I'll see the highlights today..
Brent L

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Those 4 sets must have been almost equivalent to a five setter.. Imagine no breaks of serve and no breeze-thru sets by either opponent. I saw some empty seats in the nose bleed sections though... was the stadium a sell out?
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I understand that the stadium was sold out. But being a midweek day many people just had to go home. Nobody would have predicted such a great match in the quarter finals. The Semi's and Final could be a letdown. Hopefully with 2 days rest Pete will get his strength and concentration in good order. John McEnroe was so wound up that during the wrap-up after the match he wouldn't sit down until he was told to.
------------------

Denward

Supporting Actor
While the whole thing was going on, I was thinking that back in the old days before tiebreakers, they would still be in the first set!!! Can you imagine playing 3.5 hours and being at 24-24 in a 3 out of 5 match? I think Davis Cup still plays without tiebreakers.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Crap, i agree, it was crazy... to bad i have to leave early to go to bed... school night dammit...
man, close game, very close... they both deserve the win, but Sampras just had the extra edge...
His serve was kinda off, but when they were in, they were perfect and fast...
sweet match...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html

David_LM

Stunt Coordinator
You had two of the best tennis players of all time playing at a VERY high level at the twilight of their careers during a Grand Slam event in prime time. Of course it doen't get any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks