What's new

FOX: What's up with Moulin Rouge DTS??? (1 Viewer)

RogerB

Second Unit
It has been over a month since someone from Fox posted here and asked for examples of the DTS soundtrack problems on Moulin Rouge. Could we get an update?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The folks from Fox are under no obligation to post replies here. Their presence in this forum is our priviledge. Please respect that.

RogerB

Second Unit
Oh, yeah, it's just me....
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=32051
I think Fox obligated themselves when they posted here four and a half weeks ago asking for specific examples of the DTS problem. How long would it take to post a simple "we're still working on it"? Afterall, the "DVD of the year" has a defect.
I've just had a bad week with lots of poor customer service (medical insurance and cable ISP). :angry:

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Please don't be so disrespectful to the studios... they didn't have to post ANYTHING here if they didn't want to. Email them yourself or wait for an answer, it is sure to come one way or another if there is a problem, Fox is good about fixing their mistakes. Plus the Dolby Digital track is the SAME exact thing ;)
Please, just calm down :)

RogerB

Second Unit
No disrespect intended. I'd expect the same customer service if we were talking about a toaster or anything else I spent $20 on that doesn't work.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Roger,

You're quite right. And you have every right to expect that.

What the other posters try to say is: this is the Home Theater Forum. It's not the service site of Twentieth Century Fox, or any other studio for that matter.

We try to have friendly discussions over here, and we're fortunate enough to find representatives of several studios taking part in that.

I'm sure we will get an answer, if anything sensible can be said about it, in due time.

But if you have any commercial issues with a studio, please take it up with them through the suitable channels.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Just keep in mind that, the last time I checked, it's been more than 2 weeks since Peter Staddon left a post here at HTF. I suspect he's on vacation or something...probably resting up from the holiday rush! :)
Cees and the others are right: for a definative answer I would be questioning Fox's customer service line. I am definately concerned that no website anywhere has posted any info about the fix for this. Especially since I'm in the process of buying and setting up a DTS-compatible HT system!

RogerB

Second Unit
Peter Staddon posted here a few days ago but there was no mention of the Moulin Rouge defect. He did mention something about new responsibilities at Fox. I wonder if he's still in a position to deal with quality issues?
Here are a couple of e-mail addresses for FOX:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks