What's new

Search for The Final Countdown (1 Viewer)

Brad M

Second Unit
As far as I know The Final Countdown hits today and I have yet to see anyone post that they have found this movie (early anyway)on store shelves. I have read that no one knows if it will be sold in stores. Could you help a brother out and let us know if you spot this and how much? Thanks.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Im not sure that Jan. 15th was anything other than a projected/rumored date, and it was never officially announced. I checked a few of the online retailers and they don't have any info on it at all.

Rich E

Agent
i've check a few stores here in nyc, ones that said they would have it don't. I emailed pfc this morning and i'm waiting for a reply.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Is this becomes a direct order only issue would that be a first in the dvd world? A stupid move indeed if it's true

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
From what I am gathering from the various posts, it will be a "direct order" only disc. The company is too small to compete price wise with the big boys on this title and will need to recoop their costs with "one" price.

I have sent Pacific Family Entertainment three emails over the last three weeks concerning this title. Each email was to a different email address I found on PFE's website. No response from any of these queries.

I too am getting a very bad feeling about this title.

Jim

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
From www.pacificfamilyentertainment.com :
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN . . . SOON TO BE RELEASED ON DVD AND VHS!
The Final Countdown—starring Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen, Katharine Ross, James Farentino, Ron O'Neal, and Charles During—is about the world's largest aircraft carrier, the U.S.S. Nimitz, with its awesome nuclear might that goes through a time transition to the hours before the attack on Pearl Harbor.
PFE will be releasing this feature film on DVD and VHS within the next few months at the price of $19.95 (DVD) and $14.95 (VHS), plus tax and shipping and handling. Presale orders (only!) can be placed by calling toll free: 800-804-8009 (within the U.S.) or 714-736-7279 (outside the U.S.).
PACIFIC FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT LLC
642 SOUTH B STREET, SUITE A
TUSTIN, CA 92780
PHONE: 714-669-4900
FAX: 714-669-4905
Even they didn't put an exact date on this thing. Sounds like they take orders over the phone only.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Maybe 'ol Bill Hunt, who lives just a few blocks (or miles?) from PFE can drop in to confirm release, and/or post a review...

Rich E

Agent
i really want this movie but now i'm very reluctant to send a check off in the mail to these people let alone my credit card number if they can't even come up with an exact release date.

Of all the movies to buy the rights to, why couldn't it have been some adam sandler junk that got lost in pfe's confusion?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Is this becomes a direct order only issue would that be a first in the dvd world?
I dunno, what about The Hire? :)
I had always had the impression that this title was mail-order only, and that the date was, um, tentative to be polite. I had zero expectations to find it in-stores today.

Rich E

Agent
I really don't want to start bashing these people, but...we'll let's just wait and see, maybe there will be an update on the bits later on tonight.

I just have a very bad feeling if they can't even post a date of when the movie will be out.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
When I ordered this on the phone from Pacific a few weeks ago, the woman said that it would ship "on January 15th."

I'll let you know when mine arrives...unless it shows up in someone's mailbox on December the 6th, 1941...

Jimmy!

Well I called PFE today and spoke to an operator at the 800 number and she informed me that "The Final Countdown" started to ship yesterday 1-15-02. I asked her what types of specs the dvd had and she informed me that "It is widescreen and 5.1 sound".

Against my better judgement, I went ahead and ordered a copy. She said it would ship out within twenty-four hours.

We shall see!

Jim

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Jim,

That is strange. I just called them and talked to an operator and she told me they had NOT shipped yet. ?!?

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I just called PFE, 800-804-8009, as was told by an associate working their order desk Final Countdown was shipping today.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I called today and they took my phone number down so their shipping department could call back (never did). I asked if they would be in stores or direct purchase only and if they had started shipping yet. She didn't know saying they only take phone orders (duh!!).

If anyone gets theirs soon, please let us know how it is.

I have reservations about ordering a copy because of the "mom and pop" type outfit these people are and wonder if the quality will be there (limited budget) or just an unrestored non-anamorphic straight video transfer?

Emil,

When I called, she didn't give her name, I said I was interested in purchasing "The Final Countdown" on DVD. I asked if she could give me any specs on it before I purchased. She then told me "That it is widescreen and 5.1" I,without putting my mind in gear promptly stated, "Okay send me a copy!". She put me on hold and I guess she transfered me. Another lady answered the phone and I had to explain what I wanted and she took my cc# info and mailing stats. I then asked her for a confirmation number and when it would ship. She stated they don't do confirmation numbers and it should ship within twenty-four hours. I told her the reason I wanted a confirmation number, was incase I didn't receive it. She seem a little shocked that I would question this, but I still have a strange feeling about this whole release.

Jim

Rich E

Agent
Against my better judgement i also ordered the final countdown yesterday, she said it would ship that day ups ground. We'll see.

The whole situation seems very strange, i didn't get a bad vibe, just a strange one.

But i guess it's no different than ordering some tv only time life cd's, those seem to turn up in stores after they've made some extra cash charging people s&h charges.

we'll see.

Brian E

Screenwriter
I'm still waiting for a review, before I buy. Bill Hunt had said they'd have one a few weeks ago, but it never appeared. Hopefully soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks