Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Rhino: Transformers Boxed Sets suggestions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted January 14 2002 - 10:59 PM

I sent an e-mail to Rhino with some suggestions on their upcoming Transformers TV series boxed sets. Below is what I wrote to them, in case anyone else has any other suggestions for them.

[quote]

I read that you will be releasing boxed sets of "The Transformers" tv series. Here are some features that I would like to see in "The Transformers" series DVD boxed sets:

For each episode:

- The original English language Audio Track. (If sound is remastered to a 5.1 soundtrack, also include the original audio track.)

- Japanese language version audio track.

- Music only audio track. (I read somewhere that the Japanese boxed sets have this feature.)

- Commentary audio track. (From anyone involved with the show: writers, directors, actors, etc.)

- English and Japanese subtitles

- The original "bumpers" between commercials.

Extras:

- Transformers Toy commercials.

- Japanese "Scramble City" OVA, with English subtitles. (Don't bother with an English audio track for this unless you can get the original TF voice actors to reprise their roles.)

- "Transformers: The Movie" promotional reel. (The one that has animation that was not in the movie)

- A CD of the background music from the show.

- Storyboards, Character Sketches, scripts. (These could be DVD-ROM features)

- Any deleted scenes or lost footage that may exist.

- The Japanese version opening and ending credits

If you want to get more feedback from others, you should post a message at http://www.hometheaterforum.com/

Thanks,

Jeff Jacobson

[quote]

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 12:46 PM

Yes! PLEASE no more Rhinophonic sound!

My friend has the Japanese LD, and the Japanese voices, while well acted all have the "Megatron grate" added to them, and it's kind-of annoying. It's a tough call on the OSL of Transformers, considering it's a co-production animated in Japan and inteded to air in both countries simultaneously. I'm going to give the edge to the English, since the US sponsored the project

[quote]

Japanese "Scramble City" OVA, with English subtitles. (Don't bother with an English audio track for this unless you can get the original TF voice actors to reprise their roles.)

[quote]

Considering that some of the VAs are dead, and the expense of dubbing, I'm going to say nay to dubbing Scramble City

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users