What's new

Ok - Where to actually find a RP91 in stock for a decent price?? (1 Viewer)

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Im not much of an internet researchaholic, I need help finding the best price on a RP91 at a store that actually has it in stock. Should I just call J&R and try to get them to match edigitalstop.com??? Any other suggestions would also be very welcome. I need help finding a Denon 3802 as well, buying these at the same time and possibly saving on shipping would be a great help as well.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to spend more than 1300 if I can get away with it :)
Thanks!!!! - Andy

Chip E

Screenwriter
Hi Andy,
Check this site out...pretty good one http://www.pricegrabber.com/?ut=1804fc089d806b2b
Just sta away from moreaudio&video.com bad news.. In my opininon getting J&R to price match for a rp91 is a great idea. The 3802 is another story. I don't think J&R carries Denon. J&R is currently outta stock on the rp91 but, their website says $499.00 for it which means it should be easy to get them down 50 bucks. Good luck.

Art Miller

Stunt Coordinator
Andy,

Here's what to do.

Call up J&R, and tell them that you want the same price as I got, which was $425 plus $7 shipping, = $432. They can search on my name, confirm the price, and should meet it.

good Luck!

//Art Miller

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
OK - Thanks Art!!! got my RP91 for 425 from JandR - they found your name and honored the price. Great deal there. I finally ordered my Denon 3802 from Etronics.com - that shipped for $790 - Ive found Etronics to be a good dealer - Ive order several other things from them in the past with great success.

Once again - Thanks for the HeadsUps!!

- Andy

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
"IN STOCK" is the operative term here.

Does anyone know why Panasonic is not shipping any RP91's to dealers?

We went through the "RP91 is being discontinued" situation which was later reported to be not true.

I was considering starting a new thread to rally the troops to get Panasonic to ship the RP91 to dealers again. It seems to me that lots of people want to buy it but no one has it and cannot tell us when they might have it. The one place I ordered it from tells me February 28th is when it might be back in stock.

Time to start a petition and letter writing campaign?

Colin

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Maybe Panasonic is going to address all the problems with different versions of the firmware. Also maybe they are going to look into the DTS sync problem people are reporting with Moulin Rouge.

Gary Hudson

Auditioning
Art and Andy,

I tried to get your price from J and R and was told by the salesman that he couldn't do it. Do you know the salesperson you used? I don't mind waiting a few days for stock at that price.

Gary

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Gary,
Ask for Andrew - he did it for me without problem.
This is how our conversation went. I called and asked their price on the RP-91. He said 499. I said, well thats a little more than I wanted to put out for a player not in stock, and that I would be trying to go somewhere else to find one in stock. He then purked up and said well I doubt you will find it anywhere in stock. I said it was still worth the try, he then came back with "if you order in now, we can drop the price to 469. I said thats better, but my friend Art Miller got a great deal of 425. He then said "Arthur Miller???" and I said yea, Arthur. He said no problem, we can match that price. So he pretty much was real cool about the whole situation.
My name in their computer will be Charles Overby. Try that and see what happens.
Good luck, I was told that it should not be over a two week wait for my player to ship. On the web site, it says there may be a 7-10 day wait, Im going to call on Friday and see what the deal is.
Until then, I guess we will just have to wait- happily for now anyway!!;)
- Andy

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
You guys that bought them online, can you check your warranty card and see what country it's for? I'm just curious, especially when purchased near the $420-430 price.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Brian,

if it's from J&R, i'm sure it's lagit. J&R is pretty reputable AND an authorized dealer.

Gary Hudson

Auditioning
Thanks Andy

I was ready to order with my credit card in hand. When they turned down my price I was pretty upset. Now I don't know if I should go with the Pioneer universal player or try again for the Panny.

Decisions, decisions.

Gary

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
No Problem - you get the nerve to buy and get turned away - makes you rethink and rethink. If you do decide to get the panny though, I dont believe you would be making a bad decision!! :)
- Andy

Art Miller

Stunt Coordinator
Andy, glad that you were able to get the same price that I did. Gary, not all the salespeople have the same atitude at J&R. Try them again. I don't know that it really matters, but they are an authorized dealer. I've read that Pan doesn't care where you bought it and will honor the warrenty. One other plug for J&R. I ordered the player in early Dec, and about that time, supply dried up everywhere. J&R at my asking entered a little note in my file that I requested delivery before xmas. The player came in to them Dec 20th, and was shipped O/N at no extra cost to me, and I got it the next day. I thought that that was pretty nice, and they will get another shot at my business.

Rand

Supporting Actor
I just picked one up from J&R with a shipped price of $434.35. The sales agent I spoke with was Angel. I provided Arthur Miller's name. He said he didn't know who they were price matching so he'd have to check with a manager. They did go ahead and give it to me at that price. Great deal, this is over a hundred dollars less that what OneCall was asking. Certainly makes the extra week or two wait worth while. Especially since it's such a reputable dealer.

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Well...Bad news from Etronics.com - When I ordered my 3802 on 1-15, the site said that they had them in stock...well 9 days later, they tell me that Im better off going somewhere else to get it, due to the fact that they dont know when more will come in. Guess Ill just have to do some more searching for best prices. AMDV.com has it for cheaper anyway, may try that route.

I was never told this, I had to call and find out myself...

Oh well. My want to verify TWICE next time that the item is in stock.

Andy

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
just know that since neither company is authorized, you may not get the Denon warranty. that's the ironic 'price you pay' for a 'deal' on Denon gear.

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
WooooHooooo,
Got my 3802 Yesterday, and just recieved my RP91 today - fun oh fun tonight :):)
Ill post back results and impressions!
Thanks for all the advice all!
-Andy

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

I have made up my mind and decided that the Panasonic RP-91K is the way to go for me.

My question is simply this...why go through J & R to pricematch when edigitalstop has such a great price? At $415 plus $19.99 shipping, that would be hard to beat.

Is edigitalstop a disreputable retailer? Just curious because I was burned by Digital Dog when they were in business and would like to avoid another problem like that if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
its not really worth the chance again is it?? If you keep calling JandR sooner or later, you will get a great price, I got mine for 432 shipped, slighty less than edigitalstop. And we all know that JandR is very very repitable. SO to me, its not worth the chance.

Either way, good choice.

-Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks