What's new

Home Theater chair at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Randy D

Auditioning
The Best Buy in my area frequently runs a deal where you get a free leather chair with the purchase of any tv that costs $449 or more. They claim the chair has a value of $199. If you buy a projection tv, you get a free leather recliner and ottoman (this is supposedly a $349.99 value).

I have sat in these chairs and they are really comfortable and would suit me better than regular recliners for a dedicated hometheater room. They are much less bulky and less expensive.

My question is: Does anyone know where I can purchase these chairs or ones like them? The people at the local Best Buy haven't been much help in getting prices, etc. If anyone has seen these chairs at Best Buy, have you seen similar chairs anywhere else?

Randy D

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
These chairs I think are modeled on the Ekornes Stressless chair, one of which I have. But, the one you get at Best Buy for free is probably not nearly as good. The real thing is sensational. I don't remember what I paid.

If you do a Google search for "stressless chair" you'll come up with a bunch of hits, including some used. Also, I'll bet there are lots on Ebay.

I would definitely take a used genuine Stressless in good shape over whatever Best Buy is offering.

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
Jesus Christ. They list the retail of this chair as $2000. That is NOT a good deal. You can get a "Cigar Chair" for $1600 at most fine furniture stores, and it DWARFS this chair for comfort and materials. No offense to the guy that bought one, if you have a bad back, I guarantee something from Scandanavia is what you need, but if you are just looking for a chair, check out local furniture joints, because $2000...MAN.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
$2000? Try about half that. I have three Ekornes chairs for the front row of my theater and they cost me about $1100 each. They are incredibly comfortable.

-greg

Jah-Wren Ryel

Stunt Coordinator
I don't remember what the best buy chair looks like, but perhaps you would be happy with the one that Office Max sells. Got to www.officemax.com and search for "ottoman" it is the only chair that comes up. Right now it is selling at $130 but every 6 months or so it goes for about $80, last time it did I picked up four of them for my HT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks