What's new

I love you guys, I really do, but I'll be damned if I view another movie you suggest. (1 Viewer)

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
First it was the parade of horrors 'Run Lola Run.' :rolleyes
Somewhere in there I bought 'Being John Malkovich' on a rave. :confused:
My head ached for weeks after trying to sit through your highly-touted 'The Cell' :frowning:
Then you said 'The Fast and the Furious' was great.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Then I was told I had to see 'Jeepers Creepers.' :angry:
There are about 20 other films that my brain has shut down all synapse paths to just to protect me from remembering the anguish and I have vowed to disavow all credibility you once had. My girlfriend, who watches all these movies with me because I say we just have to see thinks I am a moron. More so than normal!!!
So in closing, I just wanted to thank you for the full frontal lobotomies that you have given me and the catatonic stupors you have put me into over these past years. As it stands I need to be held down while someone scrapes my frontal lobes with a trough like some demented 'Clockwork Orange' Droogie...
Oh yeah, that reminds me of yet another one!
Thanks for nothing!
:D

Grant Degs

Agent
First it was the parade of horrors 'Run Lola Run.'

Somewhere in there I bought 'Being John Malkovich' on a rave.

My head ached for weeks after trying to sit through your highly-touted 'The Cell'

Then you said 'The Fast and the Furious' was great.

Then I was told I had to see 'Jeepers Creepers.'

There are about 20 other films that my brain has shut down all synapse paths to just to protect me from remembering

the anguish and I have vowed to disavow all credibility you once had. My girlfriend, who watches all these movies

with me because I say we just have to see thinks I am a moron. More so than normal!!!

So in closing, I just wanted to thank you for the full frontal lobotomies that you have given me and the catatonic

stupors you have put me into over these past years. As it stands I need to be held down while someone scrapes my

frontal lobes with a trough like some demented 'Clockwork Orange' Droogie...

Oh yeah, that reminds me of yet another one!

Thanks for nothing!
I don't understand? Just because you don't like a movie

does that mean it is no good? Sounds pretty self-centered.

What kind of movie DO you like? Give some examples and

maybe someone can help you out. I have no idea if you are

a J6P who likes "The Mummy Returns" and "Planet of the Apes"

or if you only love Westerns for example.

"A Clockwork Orange" is #46 in the AFI Top 100 Movies of

all Time list so it looks like some people liked it.

I myself have seen "Being John Malkovich" and "The Cell".

I didn't love either of them but I could see how some

people could love them.

You need to find a critic that agrees with you and stick

with them. It is not fair to just flame on someone for

their tastes.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, I have a hard time believing that the same people who recommended Being John Malkovich were the same ones recommending The Fast and the Furious. Some sure, but the overlap strikes me as limited. :)
I love you guys, I really do, but...
I don't know you that well, but I do think you're nice. :)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Heh. I loved Run Lola Run, Being John Malkovich and The Cell, and A Clockwork Orange is one of my all-time favorites. Tell me the names of these people who are are recommending these things to you.

I haven't seen The Fast and the Furious or Jeepers Creepers yet. They're in my low-priority, one-of-these-days brain drawer, but if the same people recommended them, they could be moved up higher.

You're lucky to have a girlfriend who hates the same movies you do. I'm lucky to have a husband who likes the same movies I like. Aren't soul-mates wonderful??!??

Btw, have you seen Mulholland Drive??

Vickie

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Keep in mind you're likely to find someone on this board raving about anything. I'd suggest renting first.

Butch C

Second Unit
If I had taken every recomendation I heared on the internet I would be in Bancock with a mule and a 16yr old right now.

Use the filter God gave ya...the blood soaked sponge in yor head

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
You must love me Chris, I recommended Showgirls to everyone, under my pseudonym Jack Hass, in that infamous thread "Showgirls, why we love it", over 800 replies before the mods put it out of its misery.:D
Stick by my choices and you can't go wrong.:emoji_thumbsup:
POSTED BY STEVE C, SCHLOCK MEISTER.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Then in the coming year I suggest Star Wars Eipsode II, The Two Towers, Spiderman...;)

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Nothing wrong with different tastes. FWIW, Run Lola Run and Being John Malkovitch are on my list of the top movies of the past few years. Both incredibly original, but that's just my opinion (I'm pretty sure I might have posted in those threads, so maybe you can blame me).

So the big question is this... what DO you like? Maybe that will help people with recommendations.

-Steve

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Yeah, I bought The Fast And The Furious based solely on posts I read here prior to it coming out. Of Course, many more negative reviews exist now than there were then.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
So Chris...
I guess you should stop purchasing / viewing films on the recommendations of others. (??)
Perhaps flipping a coin or rolling a die might provide a more desirable result? Or perhaps the Svengali-like effects of the HTF upon your film viewing selections are too powerful to be denied? :)
- Walter.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yes, I too fell prey to the recomendations for the Cell, and though I never bought it, I hated Being John M., but FWIW, Clockwork Orange is one of my favorite all time movies, and I think Ron E's feelings that Moulin Rouge is the best DVD of the year is a gross understatement. :D

Travis D

Second Unit
You know what, I HATED Moulin Rouge. But I am the last person in the world to say that Ron is a sumbitch for telling me he liked it. It was my choice to view the movie. And guess what, that is the magic of the movies. That is what makes them personal experiences. Some people like them and some people don't. If you never take chances in life, how do you know what is good and what is bad? And don't complain when you step in horse shit, because guess what... it just happens.
Not every movie is going to be universally likeable. Only Toy Story has that priviledge. I've rented some REAL bad movies, but I wouldn't know they were bad unless I had seen them. I would rather see equal amounts of good and bad movies than only a half of the good ones and no bad ones. BTW, If you can decipher my ramblings then feel proud.
EDIT - Sorry, I forgot to mention that BJM was brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks