Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The Fast and the Furious...Problems?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Paul E. Fox, II

Paul E. Fox, II

Second Unit

• 354 posts

Posted January 13 2002 - 03:30 AM

First off, let me say that I did a search and could only find one thread addressing the problems I'm talking about here and it linked me to an invalid thread (possibly Ron's original Review prior to it being lost and reposted...).

That being said...I have a couple of thing that are weird with this disc on my Toshiba SD3109 (I haven't tried them in the Panasonic A110 in the bedroom yet):

First, I can't get the deleted scenes to play without the Director's Commentary and the last few won't play at all.

Second, the counter on the DVD screws up around the 1:04:00 mark. I just keeps looping back around that time code. This doesn't seem to affect playback as I was able to watch the entire film.

Anyone else have these particular problems? Again, I have tried a search and only came up with one thread and that one was invalid.

Regards,
Paul

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
--Benjamin Franklin

#2 of 8 Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator

• 79 posts

Posted January 13 2002 - 03:37 AM

Paul,

I didn't notice the counter problem on my 3109, but I definitely had the same problem with the deleted scenes. I had to watch them on my DVD-ROM to see them without commentary. And I also know of one other person who had the same problem on two different machines (but I don't know the makes or models).

You are not alone.

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said: 'I drank what?!'"

Roykirk's DVD Collection

#3 of 8 Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted January 13 2002 - 09:53 AM

Ditto the commentary problems. Im assuming this a disk issue, and not a DVD player issue.

#4 of 8 Matthew G Hetman

Matthew G Hetman

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted January 13 2002 - 12:51 PM

Ditto here also....I only got the first choice on the deleted scenes to play without the commentary.

#5 of 8 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted January 13 2002 - 02:31 PM

Paul, I have the Panny A110 also, and have had no problems with this disc.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#6 of 8 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,267 posts

Posted January 13 2002 - 03:26 PM

Yes my Toshiba 6200 would only play the first deleted scene without the commentary the rest had it despite turning it off.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#7 of 8 John Giddens

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted January 17 2002 - 02:35 AM

Quote:
First, I can't get the deleted scenes to play without the Director's Commentary and the last few won't play at all.

I get issue #1 on my Sony 900V also, don't know about not being able to play the last few deleted scenes though because I didn't want to watch them with Director's Commentary first. I likewise believe it's a software, not hardware, issue.

#8 of 8 Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch

Screenwriter

• 2,156 posts

Posted January 17 2002 - 07:56 AM

I can't play the deleted scene where all the guys are just talking in the backyard with my Apex without commentary, but I haven't had trouble with any other scenes.
"Old theatres are irreplaceable. They could never be duplicated at today's costs - but more importantly, their spirit could not be duplicated because they remind us of a day when going to the show was a more glorious and escapist experience. I think a town's old theatres are the sanctuary of...