Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Coffee Table for CRT Projector ideas? Pics?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Brad_Shifflett

Brad_Shifflett

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted January 11 2002 - 07:51 AM

Anyone build a table to install there CRT Projector in? I am looking for some ideas and ventilation issues. Anyone have any pictures on-line showing off there creation? It needs to be enclosed to keep kids from playing with it and when not being used, have the door on the front lock. I am thinking of a flap down door on the front and some vent plates on the back with a 2 fans inside table to force air out through vents. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.
"To Buy or Not To Buy, that is the question"
Join Hometheaterclubs now!
Hometheaterclubs Forum to meet other locals
Brad Shifflett

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,341 posts

Posted January 11 2002 - 09:10 AM

I assume you can't (or don't want to) hang it off the ceiling. Since convergence plays an important part in CRT setup, placement is very important so if your coffee table moves, the convergence will be off.
Click and enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
My Home Theatre "The Holodeck"

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted January 11 2002 - 04:33 PM

Here is the only coffee table mount I've seen, and it is for a much smaller projector:

http://www.lastrange...tml#coffeetable

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor

• 763 posts

Posted January 12 2002 - 03:07 AM

How about this..it is what I think I will do when I get mine.Get a cheap table from Ikea or the like.Make panels to go from the top of the bottom of the table to the floor,all the way around except where the lense's are.I have kids too...so its a concern.I thought mabey make another panel to overlap the front panel and put in some sort of glide,mabey just use 1x1 and make 2 runners..top and bottom so the sliding panel can slide.

For the panels,I thought about using peg board and cover it with a lighter dark colored fabric that way the air can still get out,all the way around.

Just a thought,but I think it should work.