What's new

Roman Polanski titles (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
What is the deal with the Repulsion DVD I see at DVDExpress? Its only $8 and from a company I never heard of....anyone see it?
Has Cul De Sac ever been released in any form? (VHS/DVD/LD)
Any plans for a DVD release of either of these titles? How about The Fearless Vampire Killers? Thanks.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Death and the Maiden... This movie is so intense, and with only 3 characters - amazing! A SE DVD is needed! :)

George_Reis

Stunt Coordinator
The REPULSION DVD seems to be taken from a 16mm PD print and looks pretty bad. FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS is being held in a DVD prison called Warner Home Video.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Not that it will help too many here I guess, but TCM Europe is showing Fearless vampire killers in letterbox tonight at 22:00

I have never seen it before, but I am going to see it now!

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I thought that REPULSION release got cancelled? Is this the one with the ridiculous cheesecake photo of Catherine Deneuve's head (avec cheery expression) photoshopped onto the body of a posing swimsuit model?

(Still the most wildly inappropriate cover for a DVD I've ever seen - I decided not to order it on the basis of that alone. I mean, one shouldn't judge a disc by it's cover, but in this instance I think that cover spoke volumes.)

Good news: Criterion's working on "Knife in the Water", but no release date has been announced.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Columbia Tri-Star put a trailer for
Roman Polanski's version of
MacBeth on the
DVD for Taming of the Shrew
and I kept praying that means a DVD is in the works.
But that was over a year ago...
Mark

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I am dying to see Repulsion, The Fearless Vampire Killers, MacBeth, The Tenant, Tess & Cul De Sac on DVD.
Paramount is supposedly working on releasing The Tenant, although I don't know when it will be released, & Criterion will be releasing Knife in the Water this year.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
So, let me re-ask.
Has anyone SEEN the Repulsion DVD.
And yes, it does have the goofy cover.
bad_repulsion_cover.jpg

(Swimsuit on a schizophrenic, sociopathic murderer? OK)
But if it is even a smidge better than VHS, its worth the $8.

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick,
I haven't checked out the Repulsion DVD you're referring to so I can't help there. But, as many times as the subject of a possible Fearless Vampire Killers DVD has arisen you'd think *someone* would release this extremely entertaining film. There have been several threads where countless people have specifically said they'd purchase Fearless Vampire Killers on DVD. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this release would be a good seller.
The studio who owns the rights to this movie needs to release it soon (and make it a special edition if possible). Maybe this year'll be the year they make us happy...the musical based on the film debuts this spring. Here's hoping a particular studio wakes up and smells the coffee.
John

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
For those of you that may be unaware. There have been a few of us (rather annoyingly) clamouring for the release of Polanski's classic, The Fearless Vampire Killers. This has been going on for some time now. If you would like to join us in our support of this specific release please post your thoughts here. Thank you!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ampire+killers
I will also add my immediate support for the release of Tess. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mark: TESS is owned by Universal. Regards to THE TENANT: this and Roeg's DON'T LOOK NOW were paired as releases scheduled for May '02, but Mr. Blythe now states DON'T LOOK NOW has been pushed back, though still on the docket for this year. Whether that means TENANT will also be delayed is a good question. Intuition tells me that Warner Bros. is at least in the pre-production stages of a FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS DVD.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
I almost ordered that repulsive covered Repulsion, having never seen the movie, but didnt since I figured the print would be awful. I too heard that it was cancelled.
I'd support the release of Fearless Vampires Killers. I'd love to replace my LD ;).
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks