-

Photo

LOTR bloopers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 of 26 OFFLINE   Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor

• 516 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 10 2002 - 10:45 AM

I don't know if this is true or not, since I haven't seen the movie yet, but someone sent me this and I thought it was pretty funny.

-----------------
RINGS NOT SO TRUE: Speaking of ''Lord of the Rings,'' sharp-eyed Tolkien fans have caught a few bloopers after carefully watching the hit film. In one scene between Sean Astin and Elijah Wood, a car can be spied, zipping along in the distant background. In another sequence, Viggo Mortensen is seen tossing around an apple, which clearly has a supermarket price label attached. After one of the more climactic battle scenes, an extra apparently was a bit too eager to go home. Though playing a dead soldier, he pops his head up to look around.
-----------------

Anything else "out of the ordinary" has anyone noticed?

I know it's fairly common to make a mistake or two in a movie, despite the best intentions of the continuity department.Posted Image
Check out my Flickr stream. Join the HTF Flickr Pool.

#2 of 26 OFFLINE   Terrell

Terrell

Producer

• 3,217 posts

Posted January 10 2002 - 10:47 AM

Posted Image I didn't notice that.

#3 of 26 OFFLINE   Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor

• 965 posts

Posted January 10 2002 - 10:52 AM

here is a bunch

all movies have em!
Regards,
Paul Jenkins
Jenkins For Congress
Texas 3rd District
http://www.jenkins2004.comhttp://www.texas3rd.com

#4 of 26 OFFLINE   Nigel McN

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor

• 848 posts

Posted January 10 2002 - 06:06 PM

That site is kind of weird. What are you voting for? Why are Cameos listed as mistakes? that you can then vote on. Some items are just observations.

#5 of 26 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 10 2002 - 07:40 PM

You vote Up if you think it's actually a mistake, down if you think it should be removed.

Once it compiles what people notice as "real" mistakes, it lists those.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#6 of 26 OFFLINE   Vickie_M

Vickie_M

Producer

• 3,208 posts

Posted January 14 2002 - 08:33 PM

Saw LOTR last night for the 4th time, and for the first time, I saw the moving car. It's kind of a shame, because now I'll be looking for it every time I see the film. I'll bet Jackson removes it for the DVD release. At least, I hope he does.

I'm already jonesing to see it again!

Vickie
Favorite film of 2008 (so far): The Fall

Favorite films of 2007: There Will Be Blood, Across The Universe, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, Black Snake Moan

My Happy Rhodes MySpace page

#7 of 26 OFFLINE   Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted January 14 2002 - 08:42 PM

Where exactly is the car?

#8 of 26 OFFLINE   UlfKristensson

UlfKristensson

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted January 14 2002 - 09:46 PM

I think it is when Frodo & Sam just started off their journey and are talking in the field with the scarecrow.

#9 of 26 OFFLINE   derek

derek

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 01:59 AM

A little CGI magic and that car (and other bloopers) could be gone from the DVD and future film releases. Posted Image Interesting to see if that happens.

#10 of 26 OFFLINE   Vickie_M

Vickie_M

Producer

• 3,208 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 02:16 AM

Ulf is right, but it happens so quickly, you have to be looking at the right spot when it happens.

Start paying attention when Sam and Frodo are in the field, when Sam says that if he takes another step, he'll be the furthest away from home. Near the end of that scene, just when Frodo says "You know what Bilbo always says..." look up toward the top right of the screen. Not all the way up, just about halfway between where Frodo and Sam are standing and the edge of the screen. It switches to a long overhead shot of the two. You'll see a tiny, light moving object. It then disappears (traveling behind something in front of it) then it reappears. It's obviously a moving car kicking up dust on a dirt road.

We were in the front row, watching on the biggest regular screen in Chicago (McClurg Court Theater 1, the only bigger screen is the IMAX).

Vickie ("I'm not crazy!")

Favorite films of 2007: There Will Be Blood, Across The Universe, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, Black Snake Moan

#11 of 26 OFFLINE   Vickie_M

Vickie_M

Producer

• 3,208 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 02:33 AM

Terrell, your sig reminds me of my favorite blooper in Star Wars. It's on the Death Star, when the Stormtroopers have opened the door to the control room where C3PO and R2D2 are hiding. A Stormtrooper on the far right is too tall going in and bonks his head on the overhead door. I died the first time I saw that, but I always felt bad for the actor, who probably got a headache out of it.

There are a ton of bloopers in Star Wars. My other favorite got cut out of some releases. They're chasing Han and Chewie and one of the Stormtroopers says "Close the blast doors!" which then closes AFTER Han and Chewie runs through. Then there's a frantic "Open the blast doors!" The line "Close the blast doors" was removed, for some reason. Actually, that's not really a blooper, but it sure was funny.

Vickie (former Star Wars geek)

#12 of 26 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,338 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 05:01 AM

How did the editors let that one slip (the car)??? I can understand some bloopers but others I cannot. Is is not someone's job to go through all of the movie footage basically fram by frame?
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#13 of 26 OFFLINE   Terrell

Terrell

Producer

• 3,217 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 05:12 AM

Yep, I love little flaws in films. I've always wondered if directors leave some in just for laughs. Some of them are so obvious, you scratch your head and say wait a minute. They left that in there on purpose.

Yes Vickie, the Stormtrooper bumping his head is hilarious. I'm glad it was left in.Posted Image

#14 of 26 OFFLINE   Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter

• 1,709 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 05:28 AM

Quote:
How did the editors let that one slip (the car)??? I can understand some bloopers but others I cannot. Is is not someone's job to go through all of the movie footage basically fram by frame?

The answer is that no one saw it.

I saw Star Wars probably twenty times before someone pointed out the Stormtrooper who hits his head to me. I had never noticed.

I had seen The Hunt For Red October at least thirty times, four of them in the theatre on a big screen, before I saw the boom mic that drops in for an extended period of time.

I had seen Aliens dozens of times before I saw the hole in the floor.

Sometimes, you just can't see these things, no matter how many times you see the film.

#15 of 26 OFFLINE   Brett_B

Brett_B

Supporting Actor

• 723 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 06:12 AM

Quote:
There are a ton of bloopers in Star Wars. My other favorite got cut out of some releases. They're chasing Han and Chewie and one of the Stormtroopers says "Close the blast doors!" which then closes AFTER Han and Chewie runs through. Then there's a frantic "Open the blast doors!" The line "Close the blast doors" was removed, for some reason. Actually, that's not really a blooper, but it sure was funny.

If I am not mistaken, I believe that quote is back in the special editions.

#16 of 26 OFFLINE   Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 08:23 AM

Yes, it was never cut!
Quote:
I had seen Aliens dozens of times before I saw the hole in the floor.
What hole?

#17 of 26 ONLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,675 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 10:42 AM

Sam,

the hole where the bottom half of Lance Henrikson's body is poking through because the character he plays (Bishop) is supposed to have been cut in half

As for the Stormtrooper hitting his head, I also didn't see it until many viewings, and now I can't stop from laughing. I think the guy really almost knocks himself silly, the way his head kinda bobbles back and forth. Posted Image

I am glad that's left in there because if you're not looking for it, you won't notice it. And it doesn't detract from the film in any way. Posted Image

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#18 of 26 OFFLINE   Romier S

Romier S

Producer

• 3,533 posts

Posted January 15 2002 - 11:00 AM

Did anyone else notice the Episode 1 blooper?

Towards the end of the movie when Amidala and her troops are storming the Palace and are finally captured, It goes into the scene where the fake Amidala distracts the trade federation. Natalie Portman grabs the gun and throws it toward Panaka and as she walks around the desk she slips on the floor and almost fallsPosted Image. I happens right before the line "Now Viceroy, we will discuss a new treaty!"

I was laughing my ass off at that.

#19 of 26 OFFLINE   todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted January 16 2002 - 07:03 AM

These days, before that hit's DVD do you think they would edit that car out of the scene somehow, or just leave it in?
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#20 of 26 OFFLINE   Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter

• 1,221 posts

Posted January 16 2002 - 05:42 PM

The car will probably be gone in the DVD thanks to DVDs lower resolution.
"I don't remember much..... Uhhhh...."

Forum Nav Content I Follow