What's new

Star Wars IV, V and VI DVD's pre-order at Amazon??? (1 Viewer)

Serega_M

Agent
Hi, People
Just have found out the strange thing - you can easily pre-order Star Wars Eps. IV, V and VI on DVD at Amazon.com... The question is - do they know anything what we don't know yet (for example - that the series will be released soon enough :)) or they just don't care about the time when your pre-ordered item will be available (but for me it sounds kinda stupid - who in their sane mind would pre-order the item in 2002 which will be out in 2005-6 ????)? Anyone explain?..

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I've gone through their site and can't find anywhere to pre-order these disks. All you get is a page with the following information.

NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title on DVD, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
David's right -- all you can do is sign up to be notified. They do it for titles that are in great demand but not announced on DVD. For instance, the Godfather Trilogy was treated the same way -- I signed up for it in 1999, before it was announced and promptly received an email once it became available for pre-order.

--Dmitry

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
This is just Amazon.com's way of making

some people think they're comitted to buying

from them.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics