What's new

FOX: M*A*S*H TV - Please reconsider menu design for Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Finally, got MASH TV - Season 1. Great - except for the DVD authoring of the menu design.

You cannot 'Play All'. Everytime you finish with an episode it returns to THAT episodes menu for setting the language, subtitles, and selecting chapters for that episode.

It should return you to the Main Menu to select the next episode you want to watch.

Also, there is no way to select the DVD to Play All episodes or to select langauges or subtitles for the entire DVD.

This is a pain. I would like to watch the entire DVD in one sitting and not have to keep going back to the main menu to select the next episode.

Please re-consider the DVD layout prior to MASH - Season 2 and others.

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
I agree completely! Fox (& other studios) are making it very inconvenient to watch a disc in one sitting. This is the same bad design as their Simpson's Season 1.

When designing the menus, PLEASE include a "Play All" option in the main menu.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I realize there may not be room on the disc, but if maybe you could hire the guy who did the loudspeaker announcements to do some customs for the menus? That would rock!

I know A&E or someone has a great MASH documentary that would just be super to see, or how about a tour through the Swamp as it stands in the Smithsonian? Or some commentary with the cast memebers?

Thanks for a great set at a great price, looking forward to the other 10!

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
That's odd. On my DVD player I only have to select the Non-Laugh track once. Then it defaults to that the rest of the time, until I remove the disc or power down. I don't watch the full credits, I hit the "Title" menu key before its completely over, and voila, it is on the main menu. That's a PS2 with the official DVD remote.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I would like to see the original logo retained at the end. The logo that adorns season 1's episodes was made by computer in 1992. I'd much rather see it with the logo that it used originally.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Jeff, there are a couple of good M*A*S*H documentaries on Fox's recent release of the movie, including one that's by "AMC". Is this the one you're talking about, or something else?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I remember a dcumentary on PBSTV that aired in the late 70's. The special includes generous clips from the series, interviews with the stars, Gene Reynolds, Larry Gelbart and some of the other creative staff.
Outtakes and deleted scenes were also included.
The show was up to date when it aired as it included clips from "Old Soldiers", the episode they were working on when the documentary was shot.
This is an "extra" that truly is, it would be great to have this on disc.
Anyone else remember this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks