What's new

Sound Fields on Sony Receivers (STR-DE575 specifically)) (1 Viewer)

Todd K

Second Unit
I have the STR-K502S, which I believe is the same as the STR-DE575, with maybe the exception of s-video inputs.

But anyways, this question might apply to all Sony receivers.

Is there any way to get the surround speakers to play as if they were front speakers? In other words, say you were listening to a 2-channel music CD, and you wanted the left channel to be played out of both front and rear left speakers (and obviously the right channel out of both right speakers). Is this possible? Right now the only way I know how to activate the rears is if they are used for surround sound.

Regards,

Todd

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No. Sony does not have an "all channel" stereo function. The only way to do it would be to hook the rears to the "B" speaker position (if that model has A-B hookups) and run both A+B on the selector.

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
The only way to do it would be to hook the rears to the "B" speaker position (if that model has A-B hookups) and run both A+B on the selector.
That model doesn't have an A-B speaker switch. In fact, NONE of Sony's new models do, even their their flagship ES line. I'm still kind of shocked.....
With that model it's pretty much impossible to do what you want to do, unfortunately. :frowning:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't really see a need for A+B speakers anymore, so I guess that is why it is no longer a feature. (I never used it on my old Sony)

Users who are viewing this thread