What's new

Death Becomes Her Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

42305_slip.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It's too bad they aren't able to do a custom cover. Likeness rights... ugh. This is one of those films that is so interesting in its final form but one which has obvious jarring changes from its original script. I've always wanted to see what was cut but I doubt that the footage even still exists. We'll see! That price, though. $34.95! Yeah, gonna wait on this one.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Brian Kidd said:
It's too bad they aren't able to do a custom cover. Likeness rights... ugh. This is one of those films that is so interesting in its final form but one which has obvious jarring changes from its original script. I've always wanted to see what was cut but I doubt that the footage even still exists. We'll see! That price, though. $34.95! Yeah, gonna wait on this one.

Regarding the deleted scenes, I'm hoping the situation changes but this doesn't bode well:

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-07%20at%201.08.00%20PM_zpsex5ntujk.png

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the deleted scenes, I'm hoping the situation changes but this doesn't bode well:
In other words, Universal probably doesn't want to expend the energy to go look for them. Sigh.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Brian Kidd said:
This is one of those films that is so interesting in its final form but one which has obvious jarring changes from its original script. I've always wanted to see what was cut but I doubt that the footage even still exists.

I saw the pre-release cut and this is what I remember being cut. Tracey Ullman's entire part for one. She played a bartender that Bruce Willis would visit on a regular basis to get away from the two shrews (Streep, Hawn). She gave him her shoulder to cry on. Eventually he leaves Streep and marries Ullmann. The ending was different too. Instead of their bodies falling apart on the church steps, the original ending had Streep and Hawn still eternally young on holiday (in Switzerland I believe). They see an elderly couple in the distance and ridicule and laugh at them for being old. We see the old couple ..... it's Willis and Ullman. Streep's scenes with her younger lover were also longer than in the release cut.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The jacket does say "collector's edition" which would indicate something besides the movie and a trailer. If not the deleted scenes, a running commentary by Zemeckis? A commentary by Streep or Hawn? An on camera interview with Bruce Willis or Isabella Rossellini? What makes it a "collector's" edition? The link provides no clues.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thomas T said:
The jacket does say "collector's edition" which would indicate something besides the movie and a trailer. If not the deleted scenes, a running commentary by Zemeckis? A commentary by Streep or Hawn? An on camera interview with Bruce Willis or Isabella Rossellini? What makes it a "collector's" edition? The link provides no clues.
It doesn't necessarily have to be much - this label's "Collector's Edition" of another Universal 90s title, The Shadow, had a trailer and a featurette. It could be as little as that. But I'd like the movie in widescreen and HD so I think I'm in even if it's bare bones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks