What's new

New Magnavox DVRs Cater to Cord Cutters (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
New Magnavox DVRs Cater to Cord Cutters;
Feature Home Network Streaming and No-Subscription EPG

LAS VEGAS, January 6, 2016 – Magnavox makes it more appealing than ever to consider cutting the cord with the launch of three new DVRs that function as full-featured media servers and include a no-subscription electronic program guide (EPG).

The new Magnavox MDR877H/F7, TB560HP/F7 and TB560HS/F7 DVRs, announced today, make it easy to say goodbye to pay TV and monthly fees yet still enjoy the benefits and conveniences those services offer. The three new DVRs allow HD recording via antenna, wireless streaming on a home network, downloading to mobile devices, a subscription-free intuitive EPG, plus twin tuners on the MDR877H and TB560HP with 1TB of internal storage, and six tuners on the TB560S with 2TB of internal storage. Storage can be expanded on all using external USB hard drives.

The no-subscription EPG makes it easy to find programs and schedule recordings, while the multiple tuners allow users to record multiple programs at once or watch one show while recording others. All three DVRs also feature DVR sync – if a user has multiple DVRs in one home, they consolidate all recordings in one menu on every DVR for easy access to recordings no matter which DVR was used to record the show. Built-in Wireless LAN allows recorded content to be wirelessly streamed on a home network or downloaded to a smart device to enjoy while on the go. Up to 1000 hours of program material can be stored on the 1TB hard drive (HDD) and 2000 hours on the 2TB HDD.

For additional versatility, the MDR877H/F7 has a DVD recorder for both DVD playback and recording to DVD, and dubbing to and from DVD, HDD, USB HDD, and a source connected via the A/V inputs.

Prices and availability for the new Magnavox DVRs are:

MDR877H/F7 $399.99 Q4 2016
TB560HP/F7 $449.99 Q4 2016
TB560HS/F7 $499.99 Q4 2016

About Funai Corporation
Funai Corporation with offices at Rutherford, NJ and Torrance, CA is a subsidiary of Funai Electric Co., LTD and is the exclusive licensee for Magnavox consumer televisions, home video and home cinema sound products in North America. Funai Electric Co., Ltd., established in 1961, is headquartered in Osaka, Japan and is listed in the Tokyo Securities Exchange First Section (6839). In addition to the consumer electronic product brands sold by P&F USA, Inc. and the products sold by other Funai sales and marketing companies in Asia, Europe, and South America, Funai Electric Company, Ltd. is a major original equipment manufacturer (OEM) supplier for appliance, consumer electronics, computer, and computer peripheral companies at a global level.

guthrie

Auditioning
Real Name
Gregory Guthrie
New Magnavox DVRs Cater to Cord Cutters;
Feature Home Network Streaming and No-Subscription EPG

Any updates or more recent news? There was a flurry of announcements on this in January 2016, but I can't find anything since.

Andrew M

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Melomet
Any updates or more recent news? There was a flurry of announcements on this in January 2016, but I can't find anything since.
Unfortunately, Walmart is consistently the best source for Magnavox DVRs. I've checked their website as we're currently in the 4th quarter of 2016 but they're not listed yet. I've been using Magnavox DVRs for years and can highly recommend them for OTA watching and recording. It's very easy to record to the HDD and edit before transferring to a DVD.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Silly question, but hey, you don't ask, you don't learn.

I have Dish Network and their proprietary setup, don't want to upgrade to the Hopper, so I have to watch my hard drive space very carefully, have an old 722 receiver. It would be nice not to worry about space and actually own the hardware. With monthly fees, I've probably paid for this DVR 10 times over what it's worth and it's never going to be mine.

Is this only usable with OTA programming? Or is there someway to tie it into Dish?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks