What's new

Any way to connect wireless speakers to receiver in addition to existing 5.1 system? (1 Viewer)

calvin2376

Auditioning
Real Name
John
The short story: I have a sound system in my family room, and I’d like to hook up two wireless speakers to it that will be located in the dining room.

Currently in my family room, I have a Denon AVR-S510BT receiver hooked up to a 5.1 surround system. I would like to find some way to have wireless speakers (ideally two) connected to this system but located in the dining room. That way I could have the 5.1 system in the family room playing the same music as the wireless speakers in the dining room.

While I’ve used wireless speakers before and know that they’re out there, I can’t seem to figure out a way to connect wireless speakers to my receiver in addition to the existing 5.1 speakers already connected and located in the family room.

I’d love to know if there’s a solution out there, what it entails, and what I would need to buy (and recommendations on equipment). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only thing you can do is use a speaker switch with a wireless transmitter that has high level(speaker wire) terminals.

Problem is, I know of none that are a "self contained" speaker(s) on the other end. All of them are an amp at the other end you use with other speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks