What's new

HK sb26 vs Sony ht-ct 780 or HT-ST series (1 Viewer)

sannitig

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
I'm selling my Onkyo tx-nr 609 and two Polk rti 4 speakers.

Sad to see them go but wife wants no wires and I want great sound for a cheap price. Best bang for buck.

DEVICES:
refurb sb26 for $400cad taxes in
The Sony ht-ct780 is $308 taxes in woohoo (that's cheap)
I'm still waiting on the ht-st5 price.

USAGE:
everyday use
tv (kdl 60" bravia)
movies (plex)
music (currently stream from Onkyo app, I like my music)
Living room/dining room = 23x13 (living only is 15x13)

Sony is nice due to only having one remote for all devices but are the two Sony I mentioned crap sound compared to HK?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I'm trying to put this together. You are getting rid of your current setup in favor of a soundbar because you want no wires. So are you asking if that is a good move or are you asking about the comparison between the models that you listed?

Here are the contenders that you have mentioned.

HK SB 26

Sony HT-ST5

Sony HT-CT780

If you're asking about which soundbar to get I don't know that you're going to make out better with a more expensive unit like the HT-ST5. I think I would head to the local Bestbuy and check some out.

sannitig

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Firstly, thank you for the reply.

I'm looking to compare the models I mentioned. I'm sad to see the component set up go but happy wife happy life.

I was thinking the same thing as you, not sure if I get much better sound from the more expensive unit. I ended up ordering the HK SB 26 for under $400 CAD. I really hope I made the right decision and it impresses me

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I think that you're going to be happy with it. Just having a good size sub is a plus as it will give you a nice low end that you might not have had with the Polks. It seems like you came from a 2.0 so this should give you a 2.1 so I would say that's good. Hook it and and let us know.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I am so glad my GF plays the upright bass and piano. She understands "big sound requires real speakers...wires be damned".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks