What's new

Peanuts Holiday Collection (A Charlie Brown Christmas / It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Br (1 Viewer)

Blurayfan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Is there a difference in picture quality between the dvd releases and the blu ray? I was thinking of upgrading.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Ronnie, I only have the dvds and am curious about the blus as well. Hopefully someone will answer.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
This will be making the rounds for a 3rd year in a row, except on 4k UHD-BD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ch...cials-4K-UHD-Peanuts-Holiday-Collection/23447

I wonder if it will make much of a difference. I have my doubts that 4k will yield much of a jump, but perhaps HDR on supported displays will make the colors even more vibrant.

The bonus content sort of stinks though. I understand that a couple of them share holiday tie-ins and I'll give those a pass since they're logical additions on that basis, but couldn't they have cherry picked some highlights from the catalog to fill the other slots?

Seems clear we won't see the decades collection get the Blu-Ray treatment, so it seems a shame to see the space dedicated to something like 'It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown'. I doubt that tops any fan's wishlist for what they'd like to see be given premium treatment on UHD-BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks