What's new

Hobbit Battle of 5 armies playback issue (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Just picked up the extended edition on blu-ray today and disc 1, the movie disc, refuses to play. My player, a sony bdp s350 doesn't recognize the disc. Anyone else having similar problems?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Salacious Ackbar said:
Have you tried it in another player?
And if you don't have access to another player, I'd return it and get another copy. If it happens again with a second copy, I'd again suspect a firmware issue that your player hasn't had corrected yet.

Salacious Ackbar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
TravisR said:
And if you don't have access to another player, I'd return it and get another copy. If it happens again with a second copy, I'd again suspect a firmware issue that your player hasn't had corrected yet.

I checked and the last firmware for his player was in 2012. It could just be a defective disc.

SeanAx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean Axmaker
Mine played fine and I'm using an older Panasonic Blu-ray player (I had to retire my much more recent workhorse player after wearing it out apparently).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Had problems with the third Hobbit standard 3D release on my Oppo player. Would not play.

A simple firmware upgrade did the trick.

However, I agree you should try it in a different player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks