What's new

The Martian (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

91ZyTduWzLL._SX522_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Jesus...a $50 retail? Okay, yes, I am from the laser disc generation, and spent that much on many films that were NOT 3-D, but can these idiot studios think of any more ways to discourage the propagation of home video 3-D than to price them $10-15 more, even though replication costs are probably no more at all? I do understand that the street price will be closer to $35., but that doesn't address the issue... which is: Hollywood, please don't keep sabotaging the sales of 3-D Blu-rays!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That price will drop by release date.

However, given the popularity of this title, I don't expect the BD to cost less than $30 release day.

Of course, that is just my opinion. I am mostly proved wrong.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
David, yes. The preorder widget is right next to the 3D one.

Let me know if you have any problem finding it.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Dick said:
Jesus...a $50 retail? Okay, yes, I am from the laser disc generation, and spent that much on many films that were NOT 3-D, but can these idiot studios think of any more ways to discourage the propagation of home video 3-D than to price them $10-15 more, even though replication costs are probably no more at all? I do understand that the street price will be closer to $35., but that doesn't address the issue... which is: Hollywood, please don't keep sabotaging the sales of 3-D Blu-rays!
Yes replication costs would be identical for each disc, however the 3D edition contains both the 3D as well as the 2D disc, hence the extra $10. They could sell the 3D version at the same price without the 2D disc but then there would be an outcry.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ronald Epstein said:
David, yes. The preorder widget is right next to the 3D one.

Let me know if you have any problem finding it.
John Sparks said:
I can't stop laughing on your retort!!!
While I am glad you find it humorous, unfortunately the soon-to-be expired HTF App (and its replacement TapATalk) do not display the preorder widgets. Hence, my question.

I've never understood why the mobile users have a different user-experience than web-based users.

I once caused a thread-lock furor over a mid-interpreted clarifying question because the app withheld vital information.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:
That price will drop by release date.

However, given the popularity of this title, I don't expect the BD to cost less than $30 release day.

Of course, that is just my opinion. I am mostly proved wrong.
Amazon's price is $27.99 today!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, thanks for proving me wrong -- and quoting me in the process. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess you guys missed targets 15% site wide discount Monday.
That with their red card 5% discount made it about $23 and they are throwing in a $5 gift card for your trouble.

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
So strange: on Amazon.ca, the 3D+2D set is $33.99, while the 2D-only set is $37.49. And it's been that way for days...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]"THE BEST MOVIE ON THIS OR ANY OTHER PLANET!
[SIZE= 14px]-Pete Hammond, Deadline[/COLOR]

MASTER DIRECTOR, RIDLEY SCOTT BRINGS A RIVETING STORY OF SHEER HUMAN WILL AND SURVIVAL
[/SIZE]

2d98525b-3d28-4a92-b1da-ec0cebc3c4a2.jpg

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Ridley Scott’s Highest Grossing Film Ever Tops over $570 Million Worldwide to Date
On Digital HD Dec. 22
3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ & DVD Jan. 12, 2016[/COLOR]

[SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]LOS ANGELES, Calif. (December 7th, 2015) – Now everyone can “Bring Him Home” with the highly anticipated release of the stellar movie event of the year. Buckle up and brace for the thrilling journey that is Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s THE MARTIAN, arriving on Digital HD December 22 and 3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray & DVD Jan.12, 2016.

From legendary director Ridley Scott (Alien, Prometheus) comes a gripping tale of human strength and the will to survive. During a mission to Mars, American astronaut Mark Watney (played by Academy Award winner Matt Damon) is presumed dead and left behind. But Watney is still alive. Against all odds, he must find a way to contact Earth in the hope that scientists can devise a rescue plan to bring him home. Based on the best-selling novel by Andy Weir, THE MARTIAN provides a realistic glimpse into life in outer-space that will have you on the edge of your seat! In addition to wowing audiences around the world, the film is one of best reviewed of the year and has been named one of the best movies of the year by such groups as National Board of Review, which also awarded top honors to Ridley Scott for Best Director, Matt Damon for Best Actor and Drew Goddard for Best Adapted Screenplay.

The 3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD release will have more than 90 minutes of special features including an exclusive newly produced in-world retrospective starring Jeff Daniels, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Sean Bean covering the “true” story behind the daring rescue seven years after the events of the film occurred. The Martian also includes two making of documentaries, a gag reel and more. Now you can become part of the universal phenomenon that has taken the galaxy by storm in the comfort of your own home.

THE MARTIAN BLU-RAY™ SPECIAL FEATURES[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Signal Acquired: Writing and Direction[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Learn how the producers brought an acclaimed novel, a master director and a stellar cast together for THE MARTIAN. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Occupy Mars: Casting and Costumes[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• [SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Matt Damon and his ensemble of incredibly talented actors discuss their roles in THE MARTIAN.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]5 Theatrical In-World Pieces[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• [SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Ares III: Farewell[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]The Right Stuff[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Ares: Our Greatest Adventure[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Leave Your Mark[/COLOR][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Bring Him Home[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Ares III: Refocused[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• [SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Seven years after the events of Ares 3, take a deeper look at the true story behind Mark Watney's daring rescue[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[*][SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Gag Reel[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[*][SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Production Gallery[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]# # #[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
THE MARTIAN BLU-RAY™
Street Date: January 12, 2016
Prebook Date: December 22, 2015
Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.40:1)
Audio: English DTS-HD 7.1
English AD Dolby Digital 5.1
Spanish 5.1 D
French 5.1 DD
Subtitles: English/Spanish/French
Total Film Run Time: Approximately 134 minutes
U.S. Rating PG-13
Closed Captioned: Yes
Closed Captioned: Yes

THE MARTIAN DVD
Street Date: January 12, 2016
Prebook Date: December 22, 2015
Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.40:1)
Audio: English 5.1 DD
Spanish 2.0 Surround DD
French 2.0 Surround DD
Subtitles: English / Spanish/ French
Closed Captioned: Yes[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks