What's new

International THE FALL (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
The FALL is an excellent police drama that takes place in Belfast, Ireland starring Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan. Gillian is a special investigator trying to catch a serial killer of young women. Jamie is the killer a happily married man with two children working for social services. I won't say anymore except the suspense is fantastic keeps you wondering what will happen next in this cat and mouse game. The video and audio on the Blu-ray are excellent. The Blu-ray is REGION-CODE FREE.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Why have you opened two threads about the same disc? I think the moderators should merge the two into one.

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
Based on the images attached in the other thread, I assume Ernest is speaking about the UK Blu-rays of Series 1 and Series 2 from Acorn Media UK, which are indeed gorgeous in every way, with top-notch PQ, and quality lossless audio. English SDH subtitles are also included in a small white font, and there are also some extras, including deleted scenes.

Do note though, that while they are indeed region free (I have tested the discs myself), they are also encoded in the 25 fps UK broadcast framerate, which standard North American equipment doesn't display. So if you play the disc without the proper equipment in the US or Canada, then you'll get sound only, and no picture.

Unfortunately, the first series (season) is only available on DVD right now in the US, but the second series will be released on Blu-ray by Acorn Media US on March 1st, 2016. Hopefully, they will upgrade the first series for the US, too.

I believe the third series will be premiering next year, having already gone into production. Ms. Anderson, Mr. Dornan, and the entire cast are terrific in it, and it's a show with many rewards for the viewer who likes (very) well-acted crime dramas. I made the mistake of waiting until after the second series had aired and been released (in the UK), but really, you owe it to yourself to delay no further and check the series out post haste.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks