What's new

DIY: HT Proj. : First some needed equipment help (1 Viewer)

LD-Crazer

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Reviving the old. Looking to get back in to the LD's, so if you have any you no longer want let me know. I'm jealous of the collection Jesse Skeen has with over a 1000. I bought 'em in the craze time when they first came out. Jumped right on that bandwagon. Boy they were really expensive then. Anyway, I digress.

Have 2 really old LD players.

Looking to buy a new LD player. Thinking and wishing for a CLD-79 or better (If that's possible).
But it requires AC-3 demodulation, etc. So, started looking at/for that. Found on ebay (cause I don't know where else to look) several but know nothing about what I'm stepping in to:
Marantz DP870 ($25-100)
Marantz AV Pre-Amp AV550 ($80)
B&K Components DT-1 ($125)
Yamaha DDP-1 ($45)

Currently I have for my head unit the Pioneer Elite SC-72, 9.2 Receiver but wish I had waited for the SC-95. So I may have it soon if I can off load the 72.

So, I don't know what I need or want. I'm kinda starting from scratch with building a new Media Room from an old bedroom the kid moved out of.
Have a 75" 4K TV, receiver and that's about it.

Help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks