What's new

The Vincent Price Collection III (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Confirmed Titles: Master of the World (1961), Tower of London (1962), Diary of a Madman (1963), Cry of the Banshee (1970), An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe (1970)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
"Theatre Of Blood" from the "MGM Scream Legends Collection" DVD box would anchor that set well, wouldn't it? It's one of his greatest, and it's the only title on that set not yet available on Blu-Ray from either Scream Factory or Kino Lorber. "Confessions Of An Opium Eater" is a great suggestion too, and how about considering "Dragonwyck", from the "Fox Horror Classics" DVD set, for something Pricey that's a little bit older and different?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yes, it would be nice to have Dragonwyck. Other price titles of some interest to me are The Tingler and Baron of Arizona.

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
Ronald Epstein said:
Unconfirmed Titles: Master of the World (1961), Tower of London (1962), Diary of a Madman (1963), Cry of the Banshee (1970), An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe (1970)
Um, they were confirmed by Scream/Shout! Factory themselves, so it's official.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
John Doe said:
Um, they were confirmed by Scream/Shout! Factory themselves, so it's official.

Thanks. There was no listing on the Amazon site and I had to actually do a Google search and did not want to confirm based on search results

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Great news. I'll be ordering .
If anyone missed out on Vincent Price Vol.1 , I wound up with 2 copies . I have an extra sealed one .
If interested send PM.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
143001_front.jpg

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Great to see Cry of the Banshee on this set.

The combination of Scream Factory, Kino, Twilight Time and Arrow have now given us a pretty comprehensive collection of Price's horror work in HD. Very pleased. Shame one needs a multi-region player to really benefit.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
John Sparks said:
Just ordered mine, even though they've gone from 6 movies to 7 movies now down to 4 movies.
That has to do with what they could get since Kino, Twilight Time etc gobbled up plenty of Price films. Scream could have had them when they were the only label dealing with MGM.

The set is available at Best Buy for 49.99 shipped. I jumped !! :)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
It's very interesting that Vincent Price is becoming one of the best represented classic movie stars, getting up there with the likes of John Wayne.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Still doesn't account for getting less movies for more money! I'm only upgrading those SDs that aren't anamorphic (which are 5 of Price's movies.) Upscaling is good enough on those that are anamorphic when upscaled thru a Tosh HDA1. Especially when you have thousands of SDs and BDs combined. I only got so much room to store them.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
AN EVENING WITH EDGAR ALLAN POE - was this shot on film? I thought it was a videotape special (I have it on DVD somewhere)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
brynmill said:
AN EVENING WITH EDGAR ALLAN POE - was this shot on film? I thought it was a videotape special (I have it on DVD somewhere)
It's on an "MGM Presents Midnite Movies Double Feature" DVD with "The Tomb Of Ligeia", and a miserable looking 54 minutes of made-for-television videotape it is. Vincent Price (alone on four stage sets) is brilliant, though. What an actor, and what a rare thing this performance is! I just hope that there's a much better source for this than that DVD used, or the howling on this forum will make the Banshee blanch. By the way, it's "An Evening OF Edgar Allan Poe", not "WITH Edgar Allan Poe". It's a reading and a performance by a great interpreter, rather than an impersonation.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
John Sparks said:
Still doesn't account for getting less movies for more money! I'm only upgrading those SDs that aren't anamorphic (which are 5 of Price's movies.) Upscaling is good enough on those that are anamorphic when upscaled thru a Tosh HDA1. Especially when you have thousands of SDs and BDs combined. I only got so much room to store them.
Its not the amount of movies, think of it as the amount of money they are spending to remaster the movies themselves. These movies, Brain that Wouldnt Die and Blood & Lace are all titles Shout remastered out of their own pocket. They arent cheap to do

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
JohnMor said:
Sigh. I'm happy and will definitely get this, but where the hell is a blu-ray of Theatre of Blood???!!!
probably slated for a kino release or check out the UK version

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks