What's new

International Dr Terror's House of Horrors UK (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I screened the steelbook of Dr Terror's House of Horrors last night, and I can recommend it highly. Great restoration with a terrific range of contrast and wonderful color. Lots of detail in the shadows, which is important in a picture like this. I haven't looked at the extras, but they look pretty interesting.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
The documentary looked promising but at the end of it all you realise it was just 55 minutes of the same 5 talking heads all the way through with no input from anyone involved in the film - not that many of them are left. Still worthwhile though.

I have a Panasonic Bluray Recorder and I'm finding that every time I load the disc it defaults to the commentary track.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I'm seeing several disks lately, particularly from Europe where people are reporting the wrong audio track plays. I just got a firmware update through for my Oppo. I bet there is something coming down the line for other players too that might straighten these problems out.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
bigshot said:
I'm seeing several disks lately, particularly from Europe where people are reporting the wrong audio track plays. I just got a firmware update through for my Oppo. I bet there is something coming down the line for other players too that might straighten these problems out.

I'm wondering if its some kind of Java thing and remembering the first audio track it played the first time I ever loaded the disc.

Once it was on the menu the very first time I played the film I selected the commentary.

But having watched the film spread over several short viewings it goes to the commentary whether I select the individual story or even just the Play option on the main menu. I shall give it a go on the PS3

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
bigshot said:
I screened the steelbook of Dr Terror's House of Horrors last night, and I can recommend it highly. Great restoration with a terrific range of contrast and wonderful color. Lots of detail in the shadows, which is important in a picture like this. I haven't looked at the extras, but they look pretty interesting.
Compared to the US release, the UK is definitely lighter and the color is different based on the segments I scanned through tonight. The US release has some picture stablilty problems in certain parts that I didn't notice yet on the UK. And, strangely, the UK is missing the last 20 seconds of the film prior to the end titles. That's a mystery for certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks