What's new

I need your input (1 Viewer)

DrewS75

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
Thinking about replacing my Bose center with this.

http://www.klipsch.com/gallery-g-28-flat-panel-speaker

Also replace the two Eosone bookshelf speakers with these and leave the subwoofer as is.

http://www.klipsch.com/R-15M

Here's my current setup. I did some digging and read that it is ideal to have the same brand speakers as far as floor, bookshelf, center and surround are concerned, but that the sub-woofer can be a different brand.

VoCfLIU.jpg

HLySatp.jpg

QDWWrTJ.jpg

3lfl1fp.jpg

Thoughts?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Subwoofer does not need to be the same brand.

And as long as you like horns, Klipsch is fine.

I would go listen to a pair vs a non-horn(practically...everything else).

DrewS75

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Eosone wasn't "acquired".

Nudell(Infinity) side project with Polk sold through Best Buy only. The experiment ended after 5 years.

The claim to fame...

DCM had died(as a B&M brand) and Nudell had the idea to carry on DCM's idea of a rear facing tweeter(not that rear facing tweeters are anything "new". Just DCM going away...left a "retail void"). Infinity had its own stuff going on. Polk was stuck in a rut(every company gets stuck in a rut once in a while).

Yes, that one.

Eosone are very competent speakers. The larger ones (RSF200 and larger) actually kept up with the, seemingly, steroidal tweeter.

DrewS75

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of those details.

On the subject of subwoofers. Can I even use this subwoofer amp with other speaker brands? The two Eosone RSA speakers are actually running off of it.

yHDdY2Mh.jpg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So, you are using the high level(speaker wire) instead of the AVR bass management.

What AVR do you have?

Every speaker made can be wired that way...but no reason to do so with modern bass management.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Yes, you can use the EOSONE RSP 910 with other speakers. You'll want to use the line-in instead of the speaker wire connection.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al

Yes, that's the correct connection. And of course you'd use the line-out (RCA connection) on the receiver. I couldn't find a manual for that sub,but usually you only have to connect the 'right' jack on the sub.

On the Yamaha, you can either go in and turn the sub on (and mains to small), or better yet, run the auto calibration and it'll set all the speakers for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks