What's new

HDMI to Component Box works on one player not another (1 Viewer)

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
I have an old Sony LCD TV in my family room that has no HDMI inputs. To get it to work with a Panasonic BT220 player, I got a converter box from Amazon. It worked fine. But my BT220 failed so I tried to hook up my older BT210 to the converter box. It didn't work, there was just noise. So I went out and bought a new Sony BX350 Blu-ray player. It also doesn't work with the converter box.

The converter box has no settings, you just plug it in and it works (or it did). Any idea what I can try? This just seems crazy that it liked one Blu-Ray player and not another.

Thanks!

Donald

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
It does. But it was not properly implemented. The DVI is darker than the component.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
DVI is always darker*(and more correct) than component.

*The "darker" is a result of greater contrast. LCD sets then didn't produce much light. Component base line is higher(lighter).

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
By darker, I mean in night scenes you can't see *anything*. No point in arguing about it, if you don't have a suggestion as to why two very similar Blu-ray player work very differently, then you don't.

I'm moving closer to throwing out my old TV. I *hate* to put perfectly servicable electronics in the landfill, but my frustration level with this is off the charts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks