What's new

Are there soundbars with wireless rear speakers? Good ones? (1 Viewer)

sameeroquai

Auditioning
Real Name
Sameer
I'm going to have to get a soundbar as the apt I'm in won't work great with a 5.1 setup. Plus I don't want to invest too much time and money in rigging the place as it's an apartment that I won't be at in 1-2 years.

What's the best soundbar out there? Is there a general consensus on top 3? I saw a vizio bar that had rear speakers but realized the review was a few years old. I'll be using it for video games (ps4) and blu ray movies mostly.

Also, how effective soundbars at simulating surround sound these days?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have a Vizio setup in the MBR. The rear speakers connect to the powered Subwoofer which is then wireless to the soundbar. This setup can crank pretty good. My only complaint would be that the volume "increments" as you adjust it are not granular enough, but other than that this is great. I can connect to it via bluetooth and stream from my iPhone. Would buy it again.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Gizmodo ranked the new Sonos as the top one, but the Vizios have also been among the top rated for a few years.

SoundReview

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnny
There is some very easy setup soundbars such as the Bose Cinemate which isn't too expensive and the Q Acoustics Media 4 Soundbar. Bose also do the Solo 15 which unlike the Cinemate comes as an all-in-one package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks