The Features

– Inside Out – 2015

– Beatles 1+ – 2015

– The End of the Tour – 2015

– Vacation – 2015

– She's Funny That Way – 2014 

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
10,000 Days   $20.99
Action Star Christmas   $11.99
A.D.: The Bible Continues   $x.xx $19.99
Addiction: A 60's Love Story   $21.99
All I Want for Christmas   $9.98
Batman:  Season 3   $29.96
Beatles: 1 [Available November 6] $14.99
Before We Go   $9.74
Best of Enemies   $22.99
Black Sails:  Season 2   $24.65 $24.99 $24.99
Bloodsucking Bastards   $14.99
Breaking Through   $14.99
Californication [The Complete Series]   $49.98
Charlie's Farm   $17.99
Christmas Tail   $9.99
Christmas Trade, A   $9.99
D.W. Griffith's The Birth of a Nation   $19.99
Diabolical, The   $14.99
Digging for Fire   $22.99
Do I Sound Gay?   $19.99
Doctor Who [Series 9, Part 1]    $19.87
Dog for Christmas, A   $19.99
Dragonphoenix Chronicles, The   $29.98
Eastsiders: Season 2 $24.95
Eclipse Series 44: Julien Duvivier in the Thirties [Criterion Collection]  $49.99
Eden   $20.99
Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas   $9.96
End of The Tour, The  $12.99
Everlasting Love   $24.99
Flight of the Conchords: The Complete Collection   $49.99
Four Warriors   $13.99
Getting On:  Season 2   $39.98
Girls in the Band, The   $19.99
Hunter   $19.98
I Love Lucy:  The Complete Series     $61.19
In the Grayscale   $24.95
Inside Out $19.50 $14.99 $16.99
Last Season, The   $24.95
Lavalantula   $9.99
LEGO Brickumentary, A   $13.21
Liz in September   $22.46
Marie's Story   $24.95
Masterpiece: Worricker [Complete Series] $39.99
Matt Shepard Is a Friend of Mine   $19.99
Matter of Faith, A   $12.98
Mexico Barbaro   $19.99
More Money, More Family   $13.71
Mrs. Brown's Boys [The Complete Series]   $84.99
Nutcracker Sweet, The   $14.93
One Cut, One Life   $19.99
Operator   $19.99
Paper Angels   $9.99
Paulo Coelho's Best Story   $22.99
Reconciler   $29.98
Roar   $17.99
Saul: Journey to Damascus   $29.98
Seymour: An Introduction   $19.99
She's Funny That Way   $10.90
Snow Queen 2, The   $29.98
Some Kind of Hate   $11.18
Star Trek - The Complete Original Series: Remastered   $43.98
Stations of the Cross   $24.95
Stung   $9.99
Tap World   $19.99
This Christmas   $9.98
Tiger House   $13.99
Toy Story That Time Forgot   $7.99 $7.99
Uncanny   $13.99
Vacation [2015]   $14.85 $14.99
Wings of the Wind   $19.98

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
10th Kingdom, The    $22.48
A.D.: The Bible Continues    $x.xx $24.99
About Alex    $14.95
Alex of Venice    $14.95
Anne of Green Gables: 30th Anniversary    $58.48
Beatles, The: 1   [Available Nov. 6] $21.99
Beatles, The: 1+   [Available Nov. 6] $48.99
Before We Go    $16.97
Best of Enemies    $22.99
Birder's Guide to Everything, A    $14.95
Black Sails:  Season 2     $29.99 $29.99 $29.99
Bloodsucking Bastards    $19.98
Croupier $24.95
Dark Was the Night    $12.99
DC Comics Collection    $144.99
Diabolical, The    $18.89
Doctor Who [Series 9, Part 1]     $22.48
Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas    $19.98
Empire [The Complete 1st Season: Gold Record Edition]  $x.xx
End of The Tour, The    $14.99
Food Chains    $14.95
Game of Thrones [The Complete First Season - Steelbook]    $39.98 $39.99 $39.99
Game of Thrones [The Complete Second Season - Steelbook]    $39.99 $39.99 $39.99
Getting On [The Complete Second Season]    $49.99
Good for Nothing    $14.95
Hardware Wars    $29.95
Inside Out $19.98 $19.99 $22.99
Inside Out [3-D] $29.65 $29.99 $27.99
Investigator, The    $14.95
LEGO Brickumentary, A    $24.25
Lifeguard, The    $14.95
Mannequin    $26.96
Masterpiece: Worricker [The Complete Series]    $34.99
Operator    $24.99
Roar    $9.99
Running Wild: The Life of Dayton O.Hyde    $14.95
She's Funny That Way    $14.99
Spikes Gang, The    $15.99
Stephen King's A Good Marriage    $14.95
Stung    $14.96
Tenderness of the Wolves    $35.96
That '70s Show: The Complete Series    $59.99
Tiger House    $24.98
Toy Story That Time Forgot    $11.99 $11.99
Turn the River    $14.95
Vacation [2015]    $22.98 $22.99
Wanda Nevada    $15.99
Wild Horse, Wild Ride    $14.95
Yellow Rock $14.95

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE FIVE INTERCHANGEABLE CHARACTER CARDS with their Blu & 3-D Blu copies of Pixar's Inside Out.

--Best Buy also has a deal to save $10 when you purchase BOTH A.D. The Bible AND The Bible (on either DVD or Blu).

--Best Buy has the same deal to save $10 when you purchase BOTH  Black Sails: Season 2 AND Black Sails: S1.

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all Blu-ray):

$14.99:  Spy, Mad Max: Fury Road, Home, Insidious 3, Paper Towns.

$19.99:  Jurassic World, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Furious 7, Pitch Perfect 2, Southpaw.

--Best Buy is advertising some $7.99 select specially-marked Bond Blu-rays which contain a deal of up to $7 toward one admission to see SPECTRE (in theaters 11-6-15).  Titles shown include: The Man with the Golden Gun, Licence to Kill, Goldeneye.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  Some $7.99 Christmas-themed Blus:  Elf, A Christmas Story, Home Alone.  And an EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for $14.99.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of Pixar's Inside Out.  20 minutes of bonus content and deleted scenes.  The sticker on the front of the Inside Out Blu in the ad says "Drawing With Your Inner Child and More."

--Target is also advertising $10 off, instantly, when you buy ANY Game of Thrones steelbook AND POP figure ($8.99). 

--Target is advertising four Disney animated features on Blu for $22.99 apiece:  The :Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella..

--Target has the following recent releases on sale:  

$13.75 (all Blu):  Kingsman, Spy, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, Paper Towns.

$17.99 (all DVD):  Jurassic World, Southpaw.

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of $3 DVDs.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks, Mike, for your work.

I have Inside Out coming from target.com this week. They have a promotion where if you pre-order it, you will receive a $5 gift card in the mail after the Blu-ray ships. This made the $22.99 price a little easier to swallow. I would've just done it from Amazon, but deleted scenes are a major exclusive and I want to see those. They've already sent shipping confirmation so hopefully I won't have to wait too long on it, although I am probably spoiled by the Prime release date delivery which I get when I use Amazon (almost always, except in cases like this where I'm chasing an exclusive.)

My checking account is still recovering from October, so that's it for me this week, but I highly recommend The End of the Tour to anyone interested and will probably get it at some point. Toy Story That Time Forgot is also on my to-do list eventually. A friend saw and liked She's Funny That Way, but it never played in theaters here, so I'll probably rent it at some point. And, possibly I might get one of the Beatles releases, also down the line.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And there has been a change in Amazon's pricing on the Beatles releases.

The single Blu releases has been dropped from $21.99 to just $19.99.

And the CD/2-Blu release has been hiked from $48.99 to $50.98.

I'm not gonna be surprised if these show some more movement this week before the Friday release.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's a LOT of titles to be released this week. You'd think we were in the 4th quarter or something! :biggrin:

I'll be getting Inside Out and the 2-blu Beatles release this week...although I think I'll stick the Beatles release under the Christmas tree for myself.

I'll be curious to see reviews of the Anne of green gables Blu release too (and hoping for a price drop).

Thanks as always for the "likes" on the OP.

And Happy Halloween!
feiertag-smiley-009.gif

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
30 bucks for Hardware Wars? They're asking that much scratch for a 15 minute short? That thing better be LOADED down with some fabulous extras - otherwise, that's goddamned crazy!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks, Mike, for the usual great job with the RoundUp!

Don't know if Fox will send the MGM A.D. The Bible Continues or not. Otherwise, reviews for this week will be playing catch up to some earlier releases that haven't gotten to me yet and some DVD-MODs.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I wish I knew those DC animated features were going to be released, I would have held off buying some of the original releases.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Mike Frezon said:
For what it's worth, Friday's release of that Katy Perry concert Blu has dropped even further to $13.39.

And Amazon credited me 60 cents. :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Thanks, Mike, for your work.

I have Inside Out coming from target.com this week. They have a promotion where if you pre-order it, you will receive a $5 gift card in the mail after the Blu-ray ships. This made the $22.99 price a little easier to swallow. I would've just done it from Amazon, but deleted scenes are a major exclusive and I want to see those.
Does the 3D version also get the deleted scenes and $5 giftcard?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
WillG said:
I'm not sure about the deleted scenes, but I did get a $5 gift card when I ordered the 3-D version.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Mike Frezon said:
And there has been a change in Amazon's pricing on the Beatles releases.

The single Blu releases has been dropped from $21.99 to just $19.99.

And the CD/2-Blu release has been hiked from $48.99 to $50.98.

I'm not gonna be surprised if these show some more movement this week before the Friday release.

As we all know, the movement you need is on your shoulder...

Sorry, it was right there - I couldn't resist.

Mike Frezon said:
That's a LOT of titles to be released this week. You'd think we were in the 4th quarter or something! :biggrin:

I'll be getting Inside Out and the 2-blu Beatles release this week...although I think I'll stick the Beatles release under the Christmas tree for myself.

Same two titles for me, although I don't have the will power to put the Beatles discs aside for two months. I'm spending Friday night with John, Paul, George & Ringo!

Thanks as always for the Roundup, Mike! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
WillG said:
Yes, here: http://www.target.com/p/inside-out-3d-target-exclusive/-/A-50016186#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=Inside+Out+exclusive

And here is the link to the exclusive 2D version for anyone who cares: http://www.target.com/p/inside-out-target-exclusive-blu-ray-dvd-combo/-/A-49173413?lnk=rec|pdp|related_prods_vv|pdpv1.

I am not sure how long the offer will be in place, though, since it's only on pre-orders.

Be careful though -- Target is selling both the regular and exclusive editions of both 2D and 3D versions, so you've got to be sure which one you're ordering. I accidentally ordered the non-exclusive and had to call them to have my order cancelled, then redid it with the correct one. The links I provided above go to the exclusive version of each release.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Thanks for the prices.

I'll eventually get INSIDE OUT for the kids but the only thing I pre-ordered was ROAR. I'm not gonna lie, this is my #1 to see movie for the year. I had never heard of it until the press it got earlier this year and now I can't wait to dig into it.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Yes, here: http://www.target.com/p/inside-out-3d-target-exclusive/-/A-50016186#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=Inside+Out+exclusive

And here is the link to the exclusive 2D version for anyone who cares: http://www.target.com/p/inside-out-target-exclusive-blu-ray-dvd-combo/-/A-49173413?lnk=rec|pdp|related_prods_vv|pdpv1.

I am not sure how long the offer will be in place, though, since it's only on pre-orders.

Be careful though -- Target is selling both the regular and exclusive editions of both 2D and 3D versions, so you've got to be sure which one you're ordering. I accidentally ordered the non-exclusive and had to call them to have my order cancelled, then redid it with the correct one. The links I provided above go to the exclusive version of each release.
Thanks for the link!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JakeLip said:

Thank you sir as I ordered the wrong one too. I did call and cancelled and ordered the correct item for $22.89 plus tax with $5 off gift card.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks, as always, Mike. Inside Out and Toy Story are on the way (either today or tomorrow...delivery is usually a crapshoot). I'm hoping today so I can sneak them into the house without Andrey seeing them...but my luck will be tomorrow, when he'll give me a disapproving look for about five seconds. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
How is the 3D in Inside Out? Is it worth paying extra for, or not much different from seeing it in 2D? (I haven't seen the movie yet.)

Interestingly, the 3D Target Exclusive edition is $27.99, while the regular 3D edition is $29.99!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks