What's new

Win a Pioneer Elite SC-95 Dolby Atmos Receiver (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Do you want to listen to new releases like Pixels in Dolby Atmos at home, but you don't have a compatible system yet? Thanks to our friends at Dolby and Pioneer, we are giving away $1600 Pioneer Elite 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver. In addition to being Dolby Atmos capable, the receiver supports Wi-FI, Bluetooth and has 8 HDMI inputs. Post a picture of your theater and tell us in a couple of sentences why you want to upgrade. One lucky member will win this receiver!

pixels.jpg

Winner will be chosen at random on 11/13 from all valid entries. Shipping address must be in the US or Canada. Winner must be over 18 and will have a week to respond to the notification or another winner will be chosen.

Winner is responsible for any applicable taxes.

Pete K

Agent
I want to upgrade because new bling is always nice ! This would also allow me to explore the Atmos format. Marantz could move upstairs to the computer/record listening room.

Attachments

• 16073714979_736b510d85_z.jpg
    16073714979_736b510d85_z.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 227

ecrabb

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
How is this topic only getting replies now?

First post!!! I could have sworn I had an account on this forum, but either I'm mistaken or I've just been lurking when I did visit.

Long-time HT guy, here. Joined that other big AV forum more than a decade ago, and have been actively involved in home theater either as a hobby or professionally ever since.

Here's my old HT:

_DSC3637.jpg

I moved out of state last year and haven't had a theater since. We've been missing it terribly. CEDIA only poured gasoline on the flames, so I'm now in the process of putting in a basic theater in an unfinished basement space until I can do a complete basement finish with dedicated theater. I sold some of my gear with the old room, and a pre/pro or receiver is one of the pieces I need. A freebie Pioneer would be an awesome way to get things kick-started!

Cheers,

SC

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
gramophone_2242.jpg

(Stock Photo for representational purposes only)

At the risk of sounding like a bad "Your momma" joke, my Home Theater is so old that Edison himself put the final screws in the back of the receiver. My Home Theater is so old it still requires tubes and half an hour to warm up. My home theater is so old it has an Eight Track built in.

(Seriously tho, I got the thing back in 1998 and while it still works fine, I'd love something from this century)

crazy88

Auditioning
Real Name
Trevor Stevenson
Upgrading my theatre to Dolby Atmos would give the room a whole new feel not only with the picture upgrade going through this beast, but also the sound to really blow my guests to the back of there seats!! Also this would give new life with my Laserdiscs too being fed through this amazing piece of Elite Technology!

Attachments

• IMG_20150516_185309.jpg
    IMG_20150516_185309.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 158

Shoji

Auditioning
Real Name
Kris Davis
I just moved into a new house and I've been contemplating getting a new atmos receiver so this would be perfect timing. Terrible shot of my setup below but that's the only pic I have on my at the moment and you can juuuuust make it out on the right hand side. Like I said, I just moved in so I haven't had time to set anything up.

nSFkttb.jpg

BruceLongee

Agent
I'd like to upgrade because I have an old Pioneer receiver. It's underpowered and doesn't support Atmos, which I'd love to explore!

Attachments

• home-theater.JPG
    home-theater.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 164

mhconley

Auditioning
Real Name
Martin
IMG_0575.jpg

I love Pioneer Elite receivers, I have owned a VSX-09TX, a VSX-24TX, a VSX-56TXi, an SC-25 and I now have the SC-75; the SC-95 is the next natural progression. I would love an Atmos capable receiver and can easily add height speakers to my setup. Pioneer Elite and Dolby Atmos would make one killer addition to our humble home theater.

Martin

msedaka

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc Sedaka
You see those things surrounding the old and dusty equipment? They're called videotapes. And just in case you're still not convinced I need an upgrade.... most of the tapes are Beta.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 149

Harry Torres

Auditioning
20130418_201456_LLS.jpg

I have always had Pioneer receivers but my last upgrade several years ago allowed for an Elite Receiver, what a difference! It would be awesome to get the latest ATMOS capable receiver and to upgrade to 9.2 surround and couple them to my BOSE speakers (although my wife would hate it...lol)! Good luck to all those who reply, there are a few incredible systems posted.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
i-9kpdqg9.jpg

i-J3smNvK.jpg

The Booth Bijou Garage Theater could sure use an A/V receiver upgrade. Our current 10-year-old receiver occasionally falls short of being able to fill the room with amble sound (depending on the audio encode on a Blu-ray). I'm betting the newer technology in the Pioneer Elite Dolby ATMOS receiver would get the job done!

Thanks for the opportunity to win one!

Mark

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
I always use pioneer elite equipment when possible. I've had a VSX-07TX, VSX-45TX, and currently an SC-81. I also have a CLD-79 laserdisc player and a BDP-62 blu-ray player.

Upgrading to a Dolby Atmos receiver would really take things to the next level! How amazing would that be?!
image.jpeg

zoetmb

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brooks
IMG_0883.jpg

It should be obvious why I need a new system. I want my mind blown by great sound.

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
Why do I want to upgrade my theater to Atmos? Why the hell not?! This is why my room is currently 7.2 instead of 5.1.

As Dr. Hammond said, "Why build one when you can build two for twice the price?"

Thanks,

Greg

Theater3_April_12_2010.23465805.jpg

DJ_Eddie

Auditioning
Real Name
Edward
Pioneer, they are the best of bred in electronics especially for home theater. Owning the latest ATMOS capable receiver and upgrading my system to real 9.2 surround with newer speakers would be like going to the movies again at home.

Attachments

• cropped stereo.jpg
    cropped stereo.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
My HT System.JPG

My last Pioneer receiver was my very first one; an SX-525. I ended up burning out the amp when I was experimenting with running "rear" speakers in a Hafler set-up to simulate surround sound.
My current set up is a 55" Panasonic VT-50 plasma TV with an older Yamaha AV receiver (see shelfon right). Yes, in the lower right corner you will see a venerable Pioneer Laser Disc player.

On the lower right corner is an amplifier that powers my SVS 16-46CS subwoofer that will rocks the room. My home theater speakers are Boston Acoustics.

It would be really nice to update my home theater with a great AV receiver with Dolby Atmos. I would have to get some ceiling speakers but it would be so worth it....

Wirenut

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger G
WP_000449.jpg

Kids watching iRobot in 3D

It would be great to upgrade my old Onkyo receiver with a Pioneer Elite 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver. I would also get an amp for 7.1.4

Mark Fontana

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Would love to upgrade to this Atmos-level receiver. I'm still running a 15-year-old Sony 777ES. It still sounds great for music, but the "A" speaker outputs no longer work, there's no video switching beyond composite and S-video, and of course, no support for modern audio formats, just basic 5.1 AC3 and DTS. Sometimes frugality can be taken too far. An SC-95 would simplify my setup a lot. Please transport me into 2015!

162554d1268425797-sony-str-da777es-power-amp-da777es.jpg

162555d1268425812-sony-str-da777es-power-amp-str-da777es_back.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks