What's new

2 way LCR... waveguide design. (1 Viewer)

I've been on the search for some time now, for a set of behind the screen LCR main speakers for my home theater. I'm trying to build DIY speakers based on designs suggested by members here.

Since this is a HT application, I want to get good off-axis response… BTW, in the name of sound quality and taking advantage of not needing sub-80Hz response… I want to go sealed.
I'm pretty confident I can dial in a nice active Xover. The concept is a 2-way speaker with a 12” mid bass and a 1" tweeter with a waveguide.

I'm soliciting your help by asking you guys what you think are the best design options with these drivers? I will start by building just one to see if it really works...
Ahuja Sound Solutions
Ahuja Sound Solutions
Ahuja Sound Solutions
So just throw something out there to get the ball rolling.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Krishna Reddy Tummala said:
I've been on the search for some time now, for a set of behind the screen LCR main speakers for my home theater. I'm trying to build DIY speakers based on designs suggested by members here.

Since this is a HT application, I want to get good off-axis response… BTW, in the name of sound quality and taking advantage of not needing sub-80Hz response… I want to go sealed.
I'm pretty confident I can dial in a nice active Xover. The concept is a 2-way speaker with a 12” mid bass and a 1" tweeter with a waveguide.

I'm soliciting your help by asking you guys what you think are the best design options with these drivers? I will start by building just one to see if it really works...
Ahuja Sound Solutions
Ahuja Sound Solutions
Ahuja Sound Solutions
So just throw something out there to get the ball rolling.
What measuring equipment do you have and what crossover simulation software will you be using?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks