What's new

Time Tunnel on Blu (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yes indeed, anything that replaces flipper discs is a good thing.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
bigshot said:
The Time Tunnel has just been announced in the UK for April release. Will it be released in the US at the same time?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C1EF6F2

It hasn't JUST been announced. That listing has been on Amazon for almost 3 years with the date finally putting the release off to April 2016 before April 2015 came along so I would take the date with a pinch of salt.

Revelation had intended to release the show on Blu 3 years back but after I found out it was going to be upscales and not the genuine HD master I urged them not to go ahead and posted on various forums and I believe they cancelled the release due to the feedback.

I think the main reason they wanted to upgrade TT to Blu was because they cocked it up entirely on dvd.

Because their Giants release had followed production order instead of broadcast order they felt the need to do so with TT.

This would obviously result in the cliffhanger endings being for the wrong episode.

Instead of taking the common sense route and just releasing it in broadcast order they actually edited all the cliffhangers off the end of each episode instead . I believe they might be on the set as isolated extras the same way Fox screwed up Lost In Space season 3.

Of course the scene IS replayed at the start of the next episode but not always all the footage that had been shown the week before- so the UK set really is a mess.

Revelation said they had enquired about obtaining HD masters for TT but were not able to get them - but this was 3 years ago so I've continued to hope these very long delays are a result of them finally being able to obtain genuine HD masters from Fox.

We shall see.

• A 1080 HD 1:33:1 spec. digitally enhanced to significantly improve the picture quality & increase depth of field, making it far superior to the existing DVD.
That's the same line they were giving us a couple of years back as a reason to buy a Blu that was not from an HD master

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Unfortunately a lot of the Time Tunnel has a lot of Fox film stock footage which doesn't really match the quality of the 1966 Time Tunnel film stock.

Personally I would prefer Voyage to the Bottom of the sea next in HD rather than this or Giants.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
brynmill said:
Unfortunately a lot of the Time Tunnel has a lot of Fox film stock footage which doesn't really match the quality of the 1966 Time Tunnel film stock.

Personally I would prefer Voyage to the Bottom of the sea next in HD rather than this or Giants.

I don't think the stock footage will make any difference. It was always easy to spot it on VHS so I doubt they'll make any effiorts to change that.

But in the UK Fox only released LIS - they didn't have enough confidence in the other 3 so Revelation released them along with some other Fox product including the Filmation version of Fantastic Voyage.

The guy at Revelation told me that getting HD masters was difficult so I guess with TT having the fewest episodes that was the easiest option to take.

Voyage has far too many episodes and look how long it took Fox to release all 4 seasons on dvd in the US. Years!

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Hey guys, what are the chances of LAND OF THE GIANTS being released on blu-ray? The LOTG DVD Collector's Edition released a few years back was really cool, but would welcome a chance to obtain a blu-ray set without "flippers".

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I agree with earlier post that I would buy blu-ray disk just to get rid of the single-sided disks.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Happy 50th anniversary to The Time Tunnel. This series I so much enjoyed as a kid. I still remember waiting for that first episode after which I never missed another. Here in Chicago WGN began broadcasting TT right after the last show aired on ABC in the fall of 67. The show aired once a week on Monday nights. Was like TT had a second season.

TT was rarely seen years later but did pop up in those TT movies which again aired in 80s on WGN.

I am so happy METV is now going to show the entire Irwin Allen block of series. I would love to see this series on Blu-ray. The DVD prints though are excellent. Watching Dark Shadows this year I enjoyed hearing during the ending music TT being advertised.

Once again Happy Anniversary Time Tunnel and thank you Irwin Allen for all the great series you gave us.

I will be watching the pilot and the first episode tonight. Wish we had original commercials for that first episode as Voyage and Dark Shadows had. But happy to get what I have. I also understand Decades is doing as salute to the show today.

Looking forward in the weeks to come watching Tony and Doug and their adventures.

Mark Collins

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Happy 50th anniversary to The Time Tunnel. This series I so much enjoyed as a kid. I still remember waiting for that first episode after which I never missed another. Here in Chicago WGN began broadcasting TT right after the last show aired on ABC in the fall of 67. The show aired once a week on Monday nights. Was like TT had a second season.

TT was rarely seen years later but did pop up in those TT movies which again aired in 80s on WGN.

I am so happy METV is now going to show the entire Irwin Allen block of series. I would love to see this series on Blu-ray. The DVD prints though are excellent. Watching Dark Shadows this year I enjoyed hearing during the ending music TT being advertised.

Once again Happy Anniversary Time Tunnel and thank you Irwin Allen for all the great series you gave us.

I will be watching the pilot and the first episode tonight. Wish we had original commercials for that first episode as Voyage and Dark Shadows had. But happy to get what I have. I also understand Decades is doing as salute to the show today.

Looking forward in the weeks to come watching Tony and Doug and their adventures.

Mark Collins
Decades is running the shows - I may be wrong but they look slightly time-compressed ... They're doing several anniversary of several shows' premieres. I don't think MeTv is using time compressed versions

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
What a great experience tonight!!! Time Tunnel will never go away. Irwin Allen thank you again.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I would have *loved* to have duplicated what I originally watched that night 50 years ago but only The Time Tunnel and The Avengers are currently available on disc.

Here's what I watched the evening of 9/9/66:

The Green Hornet (will we *ever* get this one? I truly thought if Batman came out this'd be next in short order)
The Time Tunnel (will that BR release ever be done?)
Rango (a Tim Conway 17 episode wonder. I'd love to have it but it's unlikely to see release. When this ended I watched the last half hour of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.)
T.H.E. Cat (another much desired MIA series)
The Avengers (Friday night so I got to stay up later and watch this great series)

That year Friday night viewing presented a pair of tough decisions. I had to give up The Wild Wild West and Hogan's Heroes, two favorites, for The Green Hornet and The Time Tunnel, two *new* favorites. I used to read the "TV Guide" synopsis for those I had to miss and wish I could watch them all.

I absolutely *hated* that *both* of those series got cancelled after only a single season! Both had the potential to run several years had they been given the chance.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I would have *loved* to have duplicated what I originally watched that night 50 years ago but only The Time Tunnel and The Avengers are currently available on disc.

Here's what I watched the evening of 9/9/66:

The Green Hornet (will we *ever* get this one? I truly thought if Batman came out this'd be next in short order)
The Time Tunnel (will that BR release ever be done?)
Rango (a Tim Conway 17 episode
I absolutely *hated* that *both* of those series got cancelled after only a single season! Both had the potential to run several years had they been given the chance.
I believe that Amazon UK announced a March 20th 2017 release date for The Time Tunnel Blu-Ray.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I believe that Amazon UK announced a March 20th 2017 release date for The Time Tunnel Blu-Ray.

I doubt if that will eventuate as the UK bluray release has been listed several times in recent years. Every time the release date was almost due, it was then postponed by a year. Maybe this time it will be a case of third time lucky?

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I have to admit, that I have not been a fan of Irwin Allen's TV shows that I have seen up to now. What I've seen of both Lost in Space and Voyage has been pretty silly at times.

I did see my first episode of The Time Tunnel over the weekend on ME TV, and I thought it was great! If the rest of the episodes are this good, I'll be impressed!

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Robert Colbert is still in good health at age 87. Here he is with author Herbie J. Pilato who runs the Classic TV Preservation Society Group on Facebook...
37487956_2167781496880584_6379632138148380672_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks