Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Homeland_Season_5.jpg

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Seriously, no topic on this? What did you think of the season premiere? I liked it.

I don't remember, What Carrie did that Saul is so upset?

The only over the top thing was Quinn assassinating that guy with a bomb. You would think

that they are not allowed to risk other people's lives in a friendly country especially with a bomb

that can destroy a building and other people.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Episode 5x02.

Quinn has become a cold blooded assassin this season. Was he like this before?

I don't remember them going and killing people like this. Killing people in non combat situation.

I liked how when Saul "betrayed" Allison, Allison went behind his back and tried to remove him.

Was that Carrie's name that Quinn has to assassinate? Since she was attacked once before

does that mean CIA hired that guy with the bomb in the camp?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Yes that was Mathison he wrote so I assume Carrie is next on his list. Think this may well be Murray Abraham's character (forget his character's name) who is behind this.

A good start so far

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Why would Dar Adal want to kill Carrie?

Saul saw those pictures of Carrie and that reporter. He thinks Carrie is responsible perhaps.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yah, during the dispute between Saul and Allison, she mentioned how he likes Carrie! :D

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Episode 5x03.

THE END. Well that was short. Carrie died! ;)

I thought we were spared with the crazy Carrie this season and yet again she is back. It's getting tiresome and annoying when she acts like that. I know few people who stopped watching because of this. I think she has a clause in her contract that says I have to act crazy every season.

The Saul/Allison thing was also crazy. What on earth that means after everything that happened?!! How it's even possible?

And what was that USB key the reporter received? The guy says I gave her the information but the key didn't contain anything except an insult.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm really enjoying this season. Homeland goes up and down for me, but I really am enjoying this season as a whole.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
5x04 Why Is This Night Different?

Really liked this episode. Probably the best of this season. Many twists.

This season doesn't have a focus or a main story like the previous seasons but it's still enjoyable as a collection of mini spy stories.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I thought we were spared with the crazy Carrie this season and yet again she is back. It's getting tiresome and annoying when she acts like that. I know few people who stopped watching because of this. I think she has a clause in her contract that says I have to act crazy every season.

I didn't see this week's episode yet but I am over crazy Carrie. This was so forced and unnecessary. If it continues, I may finally be done with it. I can handle the over the top story because hey, it's tv, but nobody is watching the show that drama.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
It is good and I like the ramp up of Saul's story. Quinn's rescuer and the location of his rehab seemed a little too convenient.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Overall plot is getting confusing. The hack was done by some "amateur" hackers, the Russians are ready to kill for it. The Americans already had all the information. So the Russians were not upset before, they are upset that one American sees them while the whole agency had them?

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
SamT said:
Overall plot is getting confusing. The hack was done by some "amateur" hackers, the Russians are ready to kill for it. The Americans already had all the information. So the Russians were not upset before, they are upset that one American sees them while the whole agency had them?
The narrative, it appears, is that Carrie is the only person with operational knowledge to realize the import of the information, and she was on the outs with the CIA and on her way to elimination.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How the Russians would know that she can get the information since she is not with CIA anymore.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
SamT said:
How the Russians would know that she can get the information since she is not with CIA anymore.
Because it was hacked. By hackers, . . . who hack things and distribute them outside authorized channels.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
5x07 Oriole

Having seen too many Daniel Graig's James Bonds recently, I was expecting Saul to knock them out in the elevator.

How did Carrie get that hacker? As far as I remember, he did not leave any contact information to that journalist.

Have to say I appreciate that the Russians don't have ridiculous accents like those in Goldeneye which are atrocious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks