What's new

Olive Films November 2015 Releases (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[FONT= 'trebuchet ms']COMING NOVEMBER 2015 ON DVD & BLU-RAY[/FONT]

168e6f90-0516-43a8-b898-70cf3e341737.jpg

Hi Folks!

In addition to the previously announced ROAR (streeting on November 3rd) and the Slasher//Video horror films streeting on November 17.

I'm proud to share that we're also releasing the following films on November 24th:
  • HOW TO LOSE FRIENDS AND ALIENATE PEOPLE (2008) - [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • ROMANCE & CIGARETTES (2005) - [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • HEARTBREAKERS (2001) - [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • OF MICE AND MEN (1992) - [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • EIGHT MEN OUT (1988) - [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • MR. SATURDAY NIGHT (1992) - [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • MAKING MR. RIGHT (1987) - [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DVD[/COLOR] + [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • SMOOTH TALK (1985) - [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DVD[/COLOR] + [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • UNDERCOVER BLUES (1993) - [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DVD[/COLOR] + [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY (2003) (2003) - [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • LARGER THAN LIFE (1996) - [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DVD[/COLOR] + [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • AT FIRST SIGHT (NO CANADA) (1999) - [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DVD[/COLOR] + [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • ALMOST AN ANGEL (1990) - [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DVD[/COLOR] + [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • KID FROM CLEVELAND (1949) - [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DVD[/COLOR] + [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]
  • VOO DOO MAN (1944) - [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]DVD[/COLOR] + [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]BluRay[/COLOR]

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm in for OF MICE AND MEN. Not quite up the 1939 version (which I'd be completely surprised to see on Blu), but I think the director and actors acquitted themselves very well on the re-make. EIGHT MEN OUT - a possibility for me, depending upon finances.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
I just looked up Voodoo Man(1944) and it is a Bela Lugosi film fort Monogram. The copy I saw the beginning of just now is poor. The sound is distorted somewhat and the picture rather way back there and lines. I hope there is a huge improvement on the Olive Blu Ray.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I am so excited to see THE KID FROM CLEVELAND being released. As a movie, it's overly sentimental and maudlin at times...but it is a wonderful historical view of Cleveland in 1948 featuring all of the 1948 World Series team and coaches in speaking parts. Lou Boudreau, Bob Feller, Satchel Page, Larry Doby and others are prominently featured. The team's GM, Bill Veeck gets a lot of screen time as well. It's full of on-location work at the old Cleveland Stadium, downtown arcades and a scene of the team at its Arizona spring training park was filmed at the recently remodeled League Park. George Brent, Lynn Bari and Tommy Cook star along with a young Russ Tamblyn (billed as "Rusty")

I found some less than flattering comments about THE KID FROM CLEVELAND online from some of the players. Lou Boudreau at one time said he'd like to buy every print and burn it. As a film it's fair, but it's value as a historical look at a wonderful time in Cleveland sports history outweighs all negatives in my opinion.

Thanks to Olive Films for releasing this one.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
I always thought Warners held the Monogram film library, hence their Monogram westerns, and the later Bowery Boys.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Kid from Clevland is a pretty good baseball movie .Any Lugosi Monogram is fine with me . So I'll get those 2 . Nothing else interests me in this batch .

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
brynmill said:
I always thought Warners held the Monogram film library, hence their Monogram westerns, and the later Bowery Boys.
The Monogram titles are split up between Warner and MGM with Warner holding the rights to the majority. There are other titles that also belong to other rights holders but those titles are few. The ending of Monogram and Allied Artists was not a pretty thing.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
ahollis said:
The Monogram titles are split up between Warner and MGM with Warner holding the rights to the majority. There are other titles that also belong to other rights holders but those titles are few. The ending of Monogram and Allied Artists was not a pretty thing.

So this one film (Voodoo man) is an exception? Hope they have good quality prints to use

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Can't wait to compare it with the SD of Legend's Drive-n Theater Double Feature (Voodoo Man/The Corpse Vanishes.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks