What's new

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Kicked off tonight, and looks like they have stepped up their game a bit after Daredevil and Netflix, think this show is going to have to be spot on every episode this season,

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I enjoyed the premiere a lot, and am always glad to see this cast back. The stuff with Fitz and with Coulsen and Rosalind worked best. I know the Inhumans stuff is becoming the core of the show, but they have to do more with that than show us monsters of the week. The situation with Simmons is very intriguing - she doesn't appear to be on the moon (as some have suggested - and the promo for next week even said "across the universe"); maybe the Kree homeworld?

Here's to yet another strong season.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So what was big Spikey Guy, was that Spikey girls dad?

Kree plannet seems a safe guess.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I thought the premier was great.

I really like how the show has managed to grow into having both spy versus spy and super powered heroes and villains.

And again Fitz remains my favorite character of the show.

Loved seeing Daisy using her powers.

Simmons being on another world is interesting. I suspect it is a Kree world.

The new Inhuman badass seems pretty cool. I thought he looked particularly good considering the compromises of TV budgets. My understanding is that this is a character named "Lash".

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
chloe-bennet-agents-of-shield-season-3-promoshoot_1.jpg

while not the pixie cut, got to say i like the look of Daisy/ Quakes hair, doesn't hurt that Chloe Bennett is smoking hot , and that tank top isn't bad either

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
TonyD said:
So what was big Spikey Guy, was that Spikey girls dad?

Kree plannet seems a safe guess.

Lash, is who i am thinking,

as for the Planet could be Kree home-world, but with this tieing into MCU, and the impending Infinity War, we could be wrong about the planet

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is Daisy bigger on top this season?

And the way Bobbie was wearing that lab coat, looked like they were trying to film around a real-life pregnancy... LOL!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The writers put Daisy's powers to good use. They certainly milked the scene when Fitz is rescuing Simmons from the planet.

It seems that Fitz was kind of brain damaged after the drowning incident Ward put him and Simmons in. But he seems to have his faculties back or perhaps his behavior is not the same now with his need to save Simmons. Obviously during the season, she will be grappling with the experience.

Yes, Daisy is pretty.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That was a really good episode. Lots of setup and payoff, which is always very satisfying. I'd say it was better than the season 3 premiere.

I think this show has been good from the beginning and it's getting better.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I had a bit of a different reaction to the episode. It drives me nuts when shows want to have a dramatic end to a season so they come up with all these scenarios---Simmons has disappeared, May is gone, etc.---and then they spend the first couple of episodes undoing what they did.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Isn't that the goal of the cliffhanger ending? Human nature is such that you want to tune in to see how it's resolved. It's certainly a contrived tool to keep the viewer interested.

We knew Captain Picard wasn't going to stay a Borg forever, but we didn't know for sure and how they'd resolve that one.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've sort of learned to accept the show's limitations at this point, and within that framework it really has become a very watchable show.

I loved May's father. "You expecting company?" "No, but I'm not afraid of the prospect."

I'm glad they revealed that Simmons was alive by the end of the season premiere, and I'm glad they got her back by the end of the second episode.

I agree with David's frustration with contrived cliffhanger endings in season finales that that are perfunctorily wrapped up in the next season premiere. "Burn Notice" on USA Network, for instance, was notorious for this and eventually led me to drop the show.

But I wouldn't really say that applies here. Things are fundamentally different so far this season than they were last season. Bobbi being shot spun both her and Hunter off in very different directions that don't appear to be resetting any time soon, which in turn changes May's trajectory and puts her in a different role than Coulson's number 2. Simmons is back, but she's in a very different place than she was before, as evidenced by waking up from a PTSD-induced nightmare, ready to claw something's throat out with a shank. The release of the Terregen stuff into the ecosystem changes the dynamics of superpowers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe by creating an analogue to mutants that makes superpowered individuals far less rare. Coulson's got Luke Skywalker-esque hand issues to deal with.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Fair points. Yes, it is part of the pattern of many shows now, but it doesn't have to be so perfunctory. For some reason it just really bothered me last night, but as Adam points out there are many long lasting changes too.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Nelson Au said:
Isn't that the goal of the cliffhanger ending? Human nature is such that you want to tune in to see how it's resolved. It's certainly a contrived tool to keep the viewer interested.

We knew Captain Picard wasn't going to stay a Borg forever, but we didn't know for sure and how they'd resolve that one.

and as much as many shows try, none have ever matched that first episode of Best of Both Worlds, in setting up that perfect cliffhanger

and for those of us who truly love stunt casting, come on May's dad is David Lo Pan, how could it get any better!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I still wonder why they didn't go into the water to get as much as possible of the Terregen stuff. It seems a bit irresponsible to me. They knew it went over. Did they even try to explain that?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I have the opposite view. It drives me nuts when cliffhangerish issues are just drawn out forever before they are resolved.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Nelson Au said:
It seems that Fitz was kind of brain damaged after the drowning incident Ward put him and Simmons in. But he seems to have his faculties back or perhaps his behavior is not the same now with his need to save Simmons. Obviously during the season, she will be grappling with the experience.
Fitz was slowly recovering over the course of season two. He seems to be doing pretty well now, but I bet he still has some issues.

Again, the little dude kicked ass in this.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Good one this week.

I don't think that getting Simmons back is an "undo" of the season finale. They are moving forward with the story. She's been gone for months. She'll have been affected by the experience and that will influence her story going forward.

Plus, I don't believe for a moment that's all there is to the story. There is clearly more story to be told about where she went and what happened there. We saw the men in 1839 drawing stones to see who would journey into the portal. There's more to learn about that. I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons having going there and Fitz bringing her back is a catalyst for some threat going forward.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Sean Bryan said:
Fitz was slowly recovering over the course of season two. He seems to be doing pretty well now, but I bet he still has some issues.

Again, the little dude kicked ass in this.

Fitz doesnt seem to take any crap anymore, hell he was ready to go after Ward along with the rest of them, maybe with more of an issue of payback

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks