Alien: Covenant (2017)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Title: Alien: Covenant

Tagline: The path to paradise begins in hell.

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Mystery

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Carmen Ejogo, Jussie Smollett, Callie Hernandez, Amy Seimetz, Nathaniel Dean, Alexander England, Benjamin Rigby, Uli Latukefu, Tess Haubrich, Lorelei King, Goran D. Kleut, Andrew Crawford, Guy Pearce, James Franco, Noomi Rapace, Javier Botet, Benjamin Taylor, Steve Doyle, Juke Hardy, Billy Mansell

Release: 2017-05-09

Runtime: 122

Plot: Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship 'Covenant' discovers what is thought to be an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world—which has a sole inhabitant: the 'synthetic', David, survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

I see what you did there, Sam!

Actually the new title, is.....

http://www.heyuguys.com/prometheus-2-title-ridley-scott-interview/

Alien: Paradise Lost

WAT?!?!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
From what I hear The Martian is Exceptional, that could probably give Ridley enough clout to get this film produced.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I thought they were confirmed to start shooting in February? I think it's definitely happening.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Wayne_j said:
From what I hear The Martian is Exceptional, that could probably give Ridley enough clout to get this film produced.
Josh Steinberg said:
I thought they were confirmed to start shooting in February? I think it's definitely happening.
I didn't realize they were that close to starting. I agree with Wayne that The Martian will be a hit but in the highly unlikely event that it isn't, I think Scott's days of bloated megabudget movies are finally over and they could pull the plug on Prometheus 2 or drastically cut the budget, rework the script, force him to do a PG-13, etc.

I'm still going to say that they're not going to use that title. :)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Wayne_j said:

Ridley had plenty of clout already. The Prometheus sequel has been on the books for a while now. The only news here is the supposed title.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Multiple "Prometheus" sequels that will eventually tie us directly into ALIEN...? I must resist the urge to ram a rolled-up magazine into someone's mouth.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
The entire plot of ALIEN 5:

mouth04.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Does this indicate that Paradise will be the name of the Engineers’ planet in Alien: Paradise Lost? Could be. Sir Ridley said that the title change has not affected the story of The Artist Formerly Known As Prometheus 2. “In a way it is Prometheus 2. It’s exactly the same story. But it was always in the works to be called that [Alien: Paradise Lost]. Is Prometheus actually taking us off course from where I’m going, which is actually backing into the first Alien... I’ve even got connections with Ripley [in this], but I’m not telling you what.”

So what does this mean for Neill Blomkamp’s sequel? There had been speculation that Alien: Paradise Lost might mean that it wouldn’t get made, but Sir Ridley has scotched those rumours. “I’m producing it,” he reiterated. “The design is for it to go out next, after this. This will go out first. It’s more associated with Ripley, it’s a completely different angle, it’s more of a sequel. I’m coming in from the back end.”

Giggity

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I've always been looking forward to a Prometheus follow-up and glad it seems to be definitely happening. I think "Alien: Paradise Lost" is a stupid title, though. I last heard it was going to be simply "Paradise". Whatever though, there's plenty of time for them to change it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don't think it's a very good title; seems very cliched. Why use "Alien" in the title if the connection to the original isn't coming for two or three more prequels (as Scott said)?

Also, I think this sets the general audience up for a world of confusion with Blomkamp's coming Alien movie.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks