Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
jeffsnuff.jpg
Begins tonight on CBS​
Suppose I am looking forward to another season. There doesn't seem to be anything else on i want to watch. Hope the usual assortment of members come back this season to discuss each episode.​

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm still shocked that there are folks still watching this show. Seems like it's been a dead horse for a long long time. I was an avid fan the for 3-4 years when it first started, then it just grew more an more predictable and annoying to watch.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Alf,

As usual, it's great to see your usual "upbeat" comments that certainly aren't designed to thread crap.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
LOL!

I'm sorry was the thread titled "Only fans and lovers of Survivor need post"?? I guess I missed that part.

:eek: ;) :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No, but your reputation for thread crapping and overall negativity across this forum has garnered enough attention that I would warn you tone it down.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Sorry. Feel free to censor/delete if you wish.

No negativity on my end...all good.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Parker, is there any way to ignore a given poster? There are a few that I've really heard enough from. Not to name any names.....

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Well, I would have gone for Abi, but Vytas was a decent choice, too, from what I saw...

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I always enjoy seasons with returning contestants, so I'm looking forward to this one. Good first episode - I'm hoping the old school survivors school the young'uns.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Survivor & Amazing race are the only "reality" type programs I tend to watch that I enjoy; some seasons of survivor have been miserable, but some have been real case studies in how to mentally work people over; I'm just watching the season premiere this morning.. too much great stuff last night.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not as much eye candy (come on, America!), but I think the interpersonal dynamics and gymnastics will be ramped up very much this season.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Seasons rise or fall depending on the characters, but it's always worth watching because there is no other show on that really encapsulates what you must do in life itself to get along and play another day. And I don't mean the blindsiding (though in the corporate world that may come in handy). Eyes on the prize, put forth effort, develop skills that help the team, get to know everyone before you try to stand out or take a leadership role, a little humility, build strategic alliances, search for advantages, eliminate discord, stay loyal as long as you can until the game finally takes over and you have to go for the win. The show continues to have entertainment value, and who you root for usually tells you more about yourself and your own values than just being a fan.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow, Wayne, you put the entire show in such an interesting -- and very truthful perspective.

It also brought home the reason why the show is still successful (despite the naysayer) and why people like us still watch it.

How interesting that two most annoying players came up for the vote. As pointed out, I think Shiri is absolutely third on the list. In fact, Shiri was the most annoying player last season and the only reason fans voted her back was for that reason. I doubt it was out of love.

And, Patrick, how correct in the fact that there is no "eye candy" this season. Then again, being for the purpose of reuniting favorite past players, I can see that wasn't the objective of the show's producers. In fact, it was totally out of their hands.

Looking forward to this season. It's off to a good start.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Because she's been on multiple seasons already.

Why couldn't they bring back Sarah, queen of the Nile? LOL!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
Because she's been on multiple seasons already.

And THAT'S a problem...how, exactly?!? :biggrin:

c'mon...this season is all about "second chances!" I'd prefer Amanda back for a fourth chance more than I'd care to see many in this cast again! :laugh:

D'ya suppose it'd work to make a drinking game based on the "second chance" mantra that we are going to hear repeatedly during this season?

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Can't believe Abi survived the vote, I thought it was guaranteed she'd be heading home. How many times did we have to hear her nag about "Where's my bracelet?" rather than actually contribute something to the camp.

Vytas was a decent guy, I didn't see any problem with him, but obviously there's a lot we don't see, so who knows.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I didn't really have a problem with Vytas, tho he was coming off a little more flaky than when he played last time.

Re Eye Candy - I don't believe there were that many to choose from, to be honest. Voting Abi on might have been an attempt by people not familiar with her, but 20 minutes in to the episode I was cursing those people out.

While going through the ballot earlier in the year I asked the kids if they wanted to see the first season. They did so we watched that over the summer. It was a pleasant surprise for them when they announced the first challenge would be a call back to the very first Survivor challenge. That first challenge was AWFUL in season 1. They just lit a bunch of torches and that was it. They improved it this season with the locks, etc. Most of the S1 challenges were awful, but as the season went on they got a lot better,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks