What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Mississippi Burning -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Alan Parker's Mississippi Burning, available from Twilight Time, appears to be another older, but decent transfer from MGM.

Mississippi Burning is a superb film, with Gene Hackman, Willem Dafoe, Frances McDormand and Brad Dourif in the leads, as they inhabit a very specific time and place -- right smack, dab in the middle of the civil rights movement in 1964 Mississippi.

The Blu-ray is only marred by occasional bits of detritus and a very slightly unstable image -- something we generally no longer find in modern film to data transfers, unless there is a problematic dupe element.

All else is fine, with good color, densities, and grain structure.

Image - 4

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 4

Pass / Fail - Pass

Highly Recommended

RAH

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
It is a film I occasionally use in the classroom, in part to discuss some of its more controversial elements (among historians, it is a rather polarizing discussion, at times). As drama, I've always quite enjoyed it. As history on film, I have found it a very useful teaching tool despite (perhaps because of) its issues--flawed historical representations always provoke more discussion and debate. Looking forward to adding it to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks