– Cinderella – 2015

– Furious 7 – 2015

– Monkey Kingdom – 2015

– Love and Mercy – 2014

– Nightingale – 2014

– Billy Two Hats – 1974

The Prices
Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Aquarius:  The Complete First Season     $24.96    
Big Bang Theory, The:  Complete 8th Season     $24.99 $24.99 $26.99
Black-ish:  The Complete First Season  [Amazon Exclusive] $25.99    
Blind Chance [Criterion Collection]  $18.49    
Bold Ones, The: The Protectors:  Complete Series     $27.99    
A Boy Named Charlie Brown $23.99    
Cinderella [2015]   $14.98 $14.99 $16.99
Closer to the Moon   $19.99    
C.S.I.:  The Final Season     $29.99 $29.99  
CSI: Cyber:  The 1st Season     $32.99 $34.99  
Dust Devil   $9.98    
Empire: Season 1   $19.99 $22.99
Fast and Furious: Seven Movie Collection $49.64 $49.99  
Furious 7   $14.98   $14.99
Hanna Barbera Specials Collection $24.99    
Heaven Knows What   $22.95    
Hidden Agenda   $9.99    
Jack and the Beanstalk TV Special $17.99    
Jinx, The: Life and Deaths of Robert Durst    $14.99    
LEGO Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles   $11.99    
Love & Engineering   $17.99    
Love & Mercy   $9.96 $12.99  
Marvel's Agent Carter:  The Complete First Season   [Amazon Exclusive] $25.99    
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:  Season 2   [Amazon Exclusive] $43.99    
Moby Dick   $13.99    
Nightingale   $19.97    
Overnight, The   $29.93    
Peanuts [Emmy Honored Collection]   $19.59    
Pups United   $16.96    
Returned, The   $16.99    
Sisters:  Seasons 1 and 2    $34.99    
Sleepy Hollow:  Season 2     $49.98 $19.99  
Snoopy Come Home $23.99    
Unforgettable   $9.99    

Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
007: The Daniel Craig Collection (Blu-ray) (MGM)       
007: The Pierce Brosnan Collection (Blu-ray) (MGM)       
007: The Roger Moore Collection (Vol. 1) (Blu-ray) (MGM)       
007: The Roger Moore Collection (Vol. 2) (Blu-ray) (MGM)       
007: The Sean Connery Collection (Vol. 1) (Blu-ray) (MGM)       
007: The Sean Connery Collection (Vol. 2) (Blu-ray) (MGM)       
007: The Complete Collection $199.99    
Aquarius:  The Complete First Season      $29.99    
Beast, The [1975]    $35.96    
Big Bang Theory, The:  Complete 8th Season      $34.96 $27.99 $29.99
Big Picture, The    $8.99    
Billy Two Hats    $15.49    
Blind Chance  [Criterion Collection]  $22.49    
Cinderella [2015]    $19.98 $19.99 $22.99
Empire: Season 1   $24.99 $27.99
Fast & Furious 1-7 [Collection]    $59.98 $59.99  
Furious 7    $19.99 $19.99 $17.99
Halloween VI: The Curse of Michael Myers [The Unrated Producer's Cut]    $7.99    
Heaven Knows What    $17.97    
Hidden Agenda    $15.49    
House of the Long Shadows    $19.99    
Immoral Tales    $35.96    
Jinx, The: Life and Deaths of Robert Durst    $22.32    
Legacy, The    $19.87    
Lost in Space:  The Complete Series      $199.99    
Love & Mercy    $12.96 $16.99  
Mad Max [35th Anniversary Blu-ray]   $14.99    
Marvel's Agent Carter:  The Complete First Season [Amazon Exclusive] $36.99    
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:  Season   2 [Amazon Exclusive] $54.99    
Masterpiece: Arthur & George    $44.99    
Midsomer Murders [Series 16]    $34.49    
Midsomer Murders [Series 17]    $34.46    
Monkey Kingdom   [DisneyNature] $22.99 $22.99  
Murder, My Sweet    $19.79    
NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service:  The Complete 12th Season      $52.97    
Nightingale    $24.99    
Peanuts Classics:  Snoopy Come Home & A Boy Named Charlie Brown $39.99    
Reality [2015]    $19.99    
Sleepy Hollow:  Season 2      $59.99 $24.99  
Spaced Invaders    $8.99    
Unforgettable    $15.49    

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--All the James Bond titles are being re-re-re-released this week.  Amazon says they "are currently unavailable."  Best Buy has the individual Blu Bond titles for $11.99 in EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOKS (up to 9 to choose from).   I haven't researched this closely, but it looks like the only thing new about these releases is the packaging--not the transfers.  And besides the individuals titles...and the big all-encompassing collection of all the films...there are some actor-specific collections that have been grouped together.

--Best Buy also has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with its Blu copies of Furious 7...and an EXCLUSIVE LENTICULAR SLIPCOVER with its Blu copies of Cinderella (2015).  Purchase the Furious 7 Steelbook and you can then purchase the EXCLUSIVE Best Buy steelbooks of the first six Fast & Furious movies at Best Buy for just $9.99 apiece (offer valid 9-15-15 thru 10-10-15).

--The following  releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

$14.99:  CSI: Season 14 (DVD).

$19.99: The Little Mermaid (Blu), Sleeping Beauty (Blu).

--Best Buy is advertising a Buy 2 Blu-ray sale (on select titles) and get a FREE $10 Best Buy Gift Card.  Titles shown are The Wedding Ringer and Ghostbusters 1 & 2.  Up to 35 titles to choose from at $9.99 apiece.

--Save $10 at Best Buy when you purchase BOTH Empire: Season 1 AND the Empire: Season 1 soundtrack (the CD and its price are NOT shown in the ad).

--AND, Best Buy continues its deal to get a FREE $10 BB GIFTCARD when you spend $50 on select TV seasons or a $25 BB GIFTCAD when you spend $100.  Titles included are in this week's grid.  For additional titles visit BestBuy.com/FallTVShows.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of Furious 7.  It includes a soundtrack sampler CD.

--Target is also advertising the first six Fast & Furious movie Blu-rays for $7.99 apiece. 

--And Target has 15-minutes of EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT on its releases this week of Cinderella (2015).

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for a nice, early RoundUp, Mike.

Usually Disney sends review materials early (see Monkey Kingdom), but I've yet to get Cinderella. I signed up to review that huge Lost in Space box months ago, but whether Fox will send it or not is another story. No word from Disney about the Marvel TV series out in exclusive sets this week either.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks, Mike! I'll be getting Furious 7 at Target and Big Bang Theory at Best Buy. I'll be renting Love & Mercy. We are starting to get back to the expensive weeks.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike. I don't own any Bond films that don't star Daniel Craig, so I'd love that big Bond set, but $200 is more than I have at the moment, so the only movie I'll be getting this week is Love & Mercy, and that's pretty good too. I have to say that it is one of the best films I've seen this year so far (along with Inside Out and Phoenix.) With Best Buy wanting $16.99, I'll stick with my standing Amazon preorder of it. I'm not sure why they're willing to charge so much less, as the movie is certainly worth more than $12.96, but I'm certainly not complaining about getting it for such a nice price.

I saw it twice in theaters -- first as a family outing with 6 of us, which is the largest group I've ever been to the movies with, and then again a couple months later with another friend -- and it really holds up to repeat viewing. Because its total gross was only $12 million over an early summer run, I'm not really sure how much impact it will have in terms of awards season, but I hope voters remember it, because it's really an exceptionally well-made, entertaining film that succeeds in giving new perspective to Pet Sounds and Brian Wilson's other work. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Love & Mercy for $12.96 at Amazon is a bargain. One of the best movies of the year IMO, it's a must see if you have any interest at all in American popular music. The scenes showing Brian Wilson in the studio with the Wrecking Crew creating Pet Sounds are worth the price of admission on their own.

Thanks as always, Mike!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jimmy M said:
I think I'll wait for lower Non-Amazon Exclusive pricing on the two Marvel seasons.

Have we gotten confirmation that Amazon only has an exclusive window on these releases, and they'll be coming to other retailers down the road?

I don't mind so much retailer exclusive versions, but I hate retailer exclusive titles. They have no incentive to price competitively.

I really want to pick up the first season of "Agent Carter" on Blu-Ray, but $37 seems steep for eight episodes.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Cinderella and Monkey Kingdom coming this week and that'll be it. Cinderella was a massive step up from Maleficient and I'm happy to rewatch it again.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks Mike!

I'll probably be picking up Monkey Kingdom as it was one of the kids favorites from this summer. I wasn't too aware of Love & Mercy but given the responses here I'll be adding it to the list as well.

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
Not to be a stickler, but the Midsomer Murders issues are SERIES 16 and 17. SETS 16 and 17 were issued several years ago. It looks like they stopped releasing the SETS at Set 25 in favor of the SERIES volumes.

The SETS were the episodes released in (roughly) chronological order, usually about 4 eps/set. The SERIES are the complete seasons (or series, as they're called in the UK). The episodes in Set 25 are the same ones as those in Series 16. This is why Series 17 says "All New Episodes". They had never been released in the Sets.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey guys! Thanks for the "likes" as always. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Just Cinderella for me this week. It'll be a blind buy. But I've heard so many good things about it...

Larry Gelfand said:
Not to be a stickler, but the Midsomer Murders issues are SERIES 16 and 17. SETS 16 and 17 were issued several years ago. It looks like they stopped releasing the SETS at Set 25 in favor of the SERIES volumes.

The SETS were the episodes released in (roughly) chronological order, usually about 4 eps/set. The SERIES are the complete seasons (or series, as they're called in the UK). The episodes in Set 25 are the same ones as those in Series 16. This is why Series 17 says "All New Episodes". They had never been released in the Sets.

That's interesting info, Larry. Thanks. I'm well aware the Brits call their seasons "series." But all the info I saw on my release lists listed these as "sets." Thanks for the clarification! Off to fix them!

I think I don't always include this program (or programme :biggrin: ) in the RoundUp. I don't know much about it and it gets very little discussion around here.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Mike Frezon said:
Hey guys! Thanks for the "likes" as always. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Just Cinderella for me this week. It'll be a blind buy. But I've heard so many good things about it...
One of the best films I've seen this year. Lily James is charming in the title role, and Cate Blanchett is brilliant as the stepmother who gives her character some needed motivation. Also--unlike the Disney's animated classic, we don't spend half the movie's precious runtime on those blasted mice!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's worth noting that Amazon has dropped the price of Love & Mercy by a penny to $12.95 (and the DVD also dropped by the same amount to $9.95, if anyone cares about standard-def.) Mine is being "prepared for shipment" at $12.96, so it looks like I'll be receiving a one-cent refund from the pre-order price guarantee later this week.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Man, 8 bucks for Halloween 6. The non-directors cut is a terrible, terrible movie (and I mean that subjectively, compared to other slasher flicks), and I'm allllllmost tempted to drop the scratch just to see what they did to it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I received my shipping confirmation from Amazon at 4:01pm today for Love & Mercy, which is to be delivered tomorrow via Prime. I didn't pay for one-day shipping, but it will, in effect, have to be one-day shipping to meet the release date delivery guarantee (or, really, less than a day, since Amazon is usually handled by the postal service and my mail usually arrives around 2:00 or so.) It amazes me how late Amazon can ship things and have them arrive on time.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Am I glad I preordered or what? Amazon just matched Best Buy's prices on Love & Mercy -- which means in this car that they significantly raised theirs, since they were cheaper to begin with. It's now showing $16.99 Blu and $12.99 DVD, which invalidates the grid prices.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I got my Love & Mercy Blu-ray from Amazon today and I paid $12.96 for it. I plan to watch it tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks