What's new

A Walk In The Woods (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I read a review from The A.V Club that obliterated this movie saying it was about an unlikable sexist man that hates people, seeking to hike the Appalachian trail to get away from them. I didn't see that movie. I saw a movie about a man of infinite curiosity about the world that was beautifully shot, and well acted by screen legend Robert Redford(I thought he was great) and Nick Nolte(really funny and perfect for the role). At 80, and 74 years of age I have also heard tell this was a movie only "old people" will like. False. I'm 41, and really thought it was a fun movie that appealed to me, and to the large audience I watched it with as there was lots of laughter throughout. I am a bit of a hiking nut, so maybe that added to my enjoyment of it.

Going in, I had no idea this was a rated "R" film. when I saw the trailer it looked very much a PG film, maybe PG-13 at best. When I heard Nolte cursing a blue streak I was a bit shocked. :D

Overall I thought it was a very enjoyable film about two friends that reconnect after 40 years to hike a beautiful and very long hiking trail.

Lots of laughs and just enough drama to make it interesting but never going too deep. I grade it a B+ ,and look forward to owning it when released on Blu-Ray.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Unfortunately the people who say only old people will like the movie probably consider you and I (40) to be old people.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Wayne_j said:
Unfortunately the people who say only old people will like the movie probably consider you and I (40) to be old people.
Good point. But to them I would say I sure don't feel old :dancing-banana-04:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Terrific film and very enjoyable. (I'm not "old" either). It's not deep or thought provoking but it is a very enjoyable way to spend 100 minutes. My wife and I saw it with a fairly full theater and people were laughing throughout. Redford is in incredible shape for 78 or however old he was when they filmed this and Nolte is hysterical and definitely NOT in good shape [emoji3].

Recommended for those looking for a light popcorn flick and those who don't care if the movie takes major liberties with the true story this is based on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks