What's new

GET.TV adding Nichols, Hondo, and A Man Called Shenadoah in Sept. (1 Viewer)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Starting Sept. 12, 2015 Get.TV will be adding multiple episodes, of NICHOLS, with James Garner, HONDO with Ralph Taeger, and A MAN CALLED SHENANDOAH, with Robert Horton, to Get.TV's Saturday western rotation. ( I guess they got tired of Buck Jones and The Durango Kid.)

They will be showing five episodes of Nichols on Sept 12, five episodes of Hondo on Sept. 19, and 10 episodes of A Man Called Shenandoah on Sept. 26 and 10 more on Oct. 3. see http://get.tv/schedule

Since they are showing the hour shows in a 75 minute time slot and the 30 minute Shenandoah in a 40 minute slot these will probably be uncut.

I looking forward to Hondo and Shenandoah. I have not seen them since they were originally on, except for the Hondo TV feature that was on VHS.

I wonder if they have all the episodes of A Man Called Shenandoah? I recall reading here at HTF that some episodes were missing. I guess we will see.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they will run all 34 episodes of Shenandoah complete. They were already on Warner streaming so we know they are transferred.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I misread that Get.TV schedule concerning A Man Called Shenandoah. They actually have not updated past Sept. 30th, as of today. (When I clicked on Oct. 3rd the page stayed on Sept. 26.) And on Sept. 26th the schedules lists six episodes of Shenandoah on between Noon and 4:P.M. and then they repeat the first four.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
Neil Brock said:
Hopefully they will run all 34 episodes of Shenandoah complete. They were already on Warner streaming so we know they are transferred.
I dvd-r'd the 6 episodes Get.TV aired, and just watched the first one. Love it! Beverly Garland guest starred and she was wonderful. I don't remember ever seeing this show when I was a kid or later in syndication. The video quality was not the greatest, especially when someone moves fast. They started with episode 1, but the next one up is episode 4, so I guess they are skipping around showing select episodes.
I'm bummed because episode 2 had John Davis Chandler in it - he's like my favorite bad guy character actor!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Starting Saturday Oct. 3rd they are starting the regular schedule. It looks like they are starting over with the first episodes of everything. So, episode 2 of AMCS will be on Oct. 10th. They have also added more shows.

12:00 P.M. THE TALL MAN
12:40 P.M. WHISPERING SMITH
1:20 P.M. A MAN CALLED SHENANDOAH
2:00 P.M. LAREDO
3:15 P.M. LAREDO
4:30 P.M. HONDO
5:45 P.M. NICHOLS

I wonder if TALL MAN, WHISPERING SMITH, and LAREDO will have newer prints than were used on the TIMELESS DVDs?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Oh, by the way, I have been watching THE REBEL, which has the same producer as HONDO. Hondo is wearing Johnny Yuma's holster.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
Starting Saturday Oct. 3rd they are starting the regular schedule. It looks like they are starting over with the first episodes of everything. So, episode 2 of AMCS will be on Oct. 10th. They have also added more shows.

12:00 P.M. THE TALL MAN
12:40 P.M. WHISPERING SMITH
1:20 P.M. A MAN CALLED SHENANDOAH
2:00 P.M. LAREDO
3:15 P.M. LAREDO
4:30 P.M. HONDO
5:45 P.M. NICHOLS

I wonder if TALL MAN, WHISPERING SMITH, and LAREDO will have newer prints than were used on the TIMELESS DVDs?
Thanks Bob!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
This just in,

The Tall Man and Whispering Smith episodes are not newly remastered prints, but the same quality prints as those Timeless DVD sets, but with some added touches. The end credits of both shows have the Revue/MCA logos. The Tall Man has the longer version of the Revue "sliding filmstrips", Whispering Smith has the twin tubed Revue/MCA logos midway through the credits, a separate tag which would read, "Produced in association with the NBC Television network", followed by a shorter version of the Revue filmstrips.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
That's very interesting, oldtvshowbuff.

Watched the first episode of HONDO, again, and it had the opening "In Color" bumper. And not only does Hondo wear Johnny Yuma's holster, he is also wearing Johnny Yuma's eagle claw around his neck too.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
hypnohighball said:
Well, it appears that I live in one of the markets that pre-empts Get.TV on Saturdays for all day sports programming. Just great!

I live in the St. Louis market, and these westerns are preempted by college football here as well.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
On November 28, 2015, GET.TV is adding three more shows to the Saturday line-up:

JOHNNY STACCATO, with John Cassavetes at 9:30 A.M. EST
THE THIN MAN, with Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk at 10:05 A.M. EST
THE LIEUTENANT, with Gary Lockwood and Robert Vaughn at 10:45 A.M. to 12 Noon EST

The Lieutenant and Johnny Staccato have been released on DVD. No DVD for The Thin Man yet.

I have not seen the Thin Man series since it aired originally. It had 72 episodes, 1957-59.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Bob Gu said:
On November 28, 2015, GET.TV is adding three more shows to the Saturday line-up:

JOHNNY STACCATO, with John Cassavetes at 9:30 A.M. EST
THE THIN MAN, with Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk at 10:05 A.M. EST
THE LIEUTENANT, with Gary Lockwood and Robert Vaughn at 10:45 A.M. to 12 Noon EST

The Lieutenant and Johnny Staccato have been released on DVD. No DVD for The Thin Man yet.

I have not seen the Thin Man series since it aired originally. It had 72 episodes, 1957-59.

The Thin Man is a nice pickup. I have a lot of them from a run in the late 80s from off beat up 16mm prints I believe. At the very worst they would be running from the 1-inch remasters that Ted Turner did with the MGM shows, I'm sure these will look a helluva lot better. Love the 40 minute time slots that allow the channel to run commercials to their heart's content and keep the shows complete and intact.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I never understood why the TV stations were such slaves to starting programs on the hour or half-hour, especially when showing movies and reruns out of prime time. Showing uncut movies and TV shows would actually mean they could have purchased less programing.

Get.TV actually runs a disclaimer sometimes stating: This program HAS NOT been edited for time to fit in a particular time slot.

With 72 episodes of THE THIN MAN it's going to take a long time to get all of them, at one a week. I am hoping for a marathon, or maybe when THE LIEUTENANT and JOHNNY STACCATO have their runs completed they will show four episodes of THE THIN MAN every Saturday. Or maybe THE THIN MAN will be a Warner Archives release.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Bob Gu said:
I never understood why the TV stations were such slaves to starting programs on the hour or half-hour, especially when showing movies and reruns out of prime time. Showing uncut movies and TV shows would actually mean they could have purchased less programing.

Get.TV actually runs a disclaimer sometimes stating: This program HAS NOT been edited for time to fit in a particular time slot.

With 72 episodes of THE THIN MAN it's going to take a long time to get all of them, at one a week. I am hoping for a marathon, or maybe when THE LIEUTENANT and JOHNNY STACCATO have their runs completed they will show four episodes of THE THIN MAN every Saturday. Or maybe THE THIN MAN will be a Warner Archives release.
My mother has mentioned wanting The Thin Man on several occasions.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The local station has piss-poor compression on the transmition - it's like watching a bad YouTube Video! That's what you get when you cram 4 SD channels, and one HD Channel together!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Something's up at GET.TV. The GET.TV site schedule no longer lists, JOHNNY STACCATO, THE LIEUTENANT, and THE THIN MAN as starting on November 28, 2015. I guess they are pushing the start date back, or ran into some other trouble.

GET.TV has a full page ad in the new TV GUIDE advertising the Saturday TV-Western line-up. As I stated on the MERV GET.TV thread, I think it is ironic that GET.TV is advertising in TV GUIDE, since TV GUIDE doesn't even list the GET.TV schedule, or any of the over-the-air digital channels, on their schedule grids in the magazine.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Now GetTV has added Cimarron City to its Saturday western shows lineup and they're re-mastered prints. Fred McMurray guest starred in the episode "I, The People" and there will be 25 more episodes of CC to watch, so enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks