What's new

Where are the rest of the Dreamworks animation titles on Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
We finally have SPIRIT, but what about ANTZ and PRINCE OF EGYPT? Why are these missing?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
The Prince of Egypt was a great first animation film of this studio!

Really looking forward to it too, and can't understand why they chose to release Spirit first!

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
Konstantinos said:
The Prince of Egypt was a great first animation film of this studio!

Really looking forward to it too, and can't understand why they chose to release Spirit first!

As much as I like The Prince of Egypt, Spirit did have a broader appeal to it due to the religious overtones of The Prince of Egypt. In addition, the soundtrack of Spirit also had a broader appeal (Bryan Adams), and because of that, there were definitely cross-promotional opportunities I'm sure. As a business man, you have to respect that, but like you, I'd like to see all of their earlier works on Blu.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
But did Spirit have it's own action figures? ;)

51veI1JZFmL.jpg

51Cjy64zGwL.jpg

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
DreamWorks live-action stuff pre-Disney/Touchstone distribution is handled by Paramount, as they kept the library when DreamWorks demerged from Viacom. DreamWorks Animation is distributed by Fox, though some titles may still be out there with Paramount logos.

Personally, I want the three Aardman titles on Blu-ray: Chicken Run, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were Rabbit, and Flushed Away.

Bill Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
magicman
Mark Cappelletty said:
Hell, what about their early live-action stuff? I'm still waiting for SMALL SOLDIERS, MOUSEHUNT and the underrated IN DREAMS on Blu.

Funny thing...Small Soldiers has been released on Blu in Germany. Like you, I would *LOVE* Mouse Hunt on Blu!

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Yes, yes a thousand times, YES!!!
Stephen_J_H said:
DreamWorks live-action stuff pre-Disney/Touchstone distribution is handled by Paramount, as they kept the library when DreamWorks demerged from Viacom. DreamWorks Animation is distributed by Fox, though some titles may still be out there with Paramount logos.

Personally, I want the three Aardman titles on Blu-ray: Chicken Run, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were Rabbit, and Flushed Away.

Yep, I ended up purchasing that one as well. I'm very glad I did!

Folks who pursue this course of action should not mistake it for the other European Blu-ray, which I understand is not region-free. Also, the Germany-released Blu-ray has all the special features that were on the Chicken Run DVD in the US release.

EDIT: I just checked Amazon.co.uk to see what Aardman films they show as being on Blu-ray and the French release of Chicken Run indicates it is codes A, B, & C, which is different than I read when I bought my Chicken Run more than a year ago.

I am still perplexed that even in the UK they do not appear to have a Blu-ray release of Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

Paul.S said:
Thankfully, there's also a Region-free German release of Chicken Run. Hennen Rennen. Tired of waiting.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
PRINCE OF EGYPT is the one that surprises me. Although not the colossal hit they were hoping for, it did do well. It is the kind of film I can see selling well during Passover and Easter. Sort of why people watch THE TEN COMMANDMENTS over and over.

I think the sequence where the Red Sea parts is beyond cool! I can watch that short little part over and over.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
DreamWorks doesn't seem to care much for blu...none of their tv spinoffs have made it to blu either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks