What's new

What did you watch this week in classic TV on DVD(or Blu)? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I pulled a classic line up last night originally shown Thursday night October 28, 1976:

-Welcome Back Kotter: The Museum

-Barney Miller: Werewolf

-Hawaii Five 0: Tour de Force, Killer Aboard

Great night for tv. Really enjoyed this line up.

Monday night I watched:

Lassie: A Year Of Sundays(12/6/70)

and Gentle Dawn(1/10/71) -great episode about two lonely people finding love with the help of Lassie, and an injured bird :)

I love Lassie, and "the alone years" of the show are just magical.

On Saturday I plan on watching SNL from 10/30/76 with Buck Henry, musical guest-The Band.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I recently purchased the newly remastered BD releases of Star Trek: TOS and have been watching them. The video remastering and updated effects are superb! I wish I could say the same about the audio. For some idiotic reason the mono track is a mix-down of the new surround mix rather than the original mono. The mix is frequently just bad (sound effects obscure voices - especially when it's the Enterprise doing a fly-by and Kirk is talking), and in spite of the efforts taken to reproduce the open music I much prefer the original.

I've also been watching episodes of The Flintstones S3 with the grand kids. Another "new to them" classic they love! :D

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Saturday 8/22 through Thursday, 8/27... vintage series mixed with daily viewings of the modern series, The Shield (2002-2008), which I've been renting lately (along with Dark Shadows) from Netflix--

Saturday:

Dark Shadows: Episode 488 (May 8, 1968)

Cutie Honey (1973 anime series): "The Last Day of School"

Lupin the Third (Second Series, 1978 anime): "The Bride Came D.O.A."

Yancy Derringer (1958): "Memo to a Firing Squad" - guest star John Dehner

Batman (Season 1): "Death in Slow Motion" - with Frank Gorshin, Sherry Jackson, Theodore Marcuse and Richard Bakalyan, former silent star Francis X. Bushman, plus a young Judy Pace in a bit part

The Shield (Season 5): "Trophy" & "Rap Payback" - guest star Forest Whitaker in all Season 5 episodes

Panic! (1957, Season 1): "The Boy" - starring Billy Chapin (the kid from NIGHT OF THE HUNTER) and popular film & TV thug, Jack Lambert

Sunday:

Leave It to Beaver (Season 4): "Beaver's Freckles"

Alfred Hitchcock Presents (Season 5): "Not the Running Type"

Lee Marvin Presents - Lawbreaker (1964): "Rochester, NY"

Batman (Season 1): "The Riddler's False Notion"

The Shield (Season 5): "Man Inside"

Panic! (1957, Season 1): "The Subway" - guest stars Eduard Franz, John Doucette and Barbara Billingsley

Monday:

Barney Miller (Season 3): "Quarantine, Parts 1 & 2"

WKRP in Cincinnati (Season 1): "Fish Story"

The Shield (Season 5): "Kavanaugh"

Tuesday:

Zane Grey Theatre (Season 1): "Dangerous Orders" - guest stars Mark Stevens, Jack Elam, Robert Cornthwaite & Willis Bouchey

The Naked City (Season 1): "Hey, Teach!" - James Franciscus works undercover in high school as a proto-Mr. Novak

The Shield (Season 5): "Smoked"

Wednesday:

Gunsmoke (Season 1): "Doc's Revenge" - guest stars Chris Alcaide & Harry Bartell

Batman (Season 1): "Fine Finny Fiends"

The Shield (Season 5): "Of Mice and Lem"

Thursday:

Yancy Derringer (1958): "Three Knaves from New Haven"

Batman (Season 1): "Batman Makes the Scenes"

The Shield (Season 5): "Post Partum"

Dark Shadows: Episode 489 (May 9th, 1968)

Tonight, it'll probably be--

Dark Shadows: Episodes 490, 491 & 492 (May 10, 13 & 14, 1968)

Barney Miller (Season 3): "Bus Stop"

WKRP in Cincinnati (Season 1): "Preacher"

Combat! (Season 1): "The Quiet Warrior"

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Twilight Zone - The Thing About Machines (Richard (Edwin Carp) Haydn)

Run For Your Life - Great last season ep with John Van Dreelen

It's Your Move - Dad and Me - One of the funniest eps. Norman and Matt go on a game show.

T.H.E. Cat - King Of Limpets - John Dehner guests

Hogan's Heroes - Look At All The Pretty Snowflakes. Last season ep. Only ep I believe where we get to see Crane play the drums.

Darkroom - Siege of 31 August

My 3 Sons - Douglas a Go-Go

The Fugitive - Everyone Gets Hit In The Mouth Sometimes

Mannix - War Of Nerves

Mannix - Death In Fifth Gear

Best Of The West - The Prisoner

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
BobO'Link said:
I recently purchased the newly remastered BD releases of Star Trek: TOS and have been watching them. The video remastering and updated effects are superb!
This was the whole reason why TOS was more enjoyable than I thought it would be; I saw it through from the remastered DVD releases, and that series had more life added to it with those restorations, which made it, as I said, more enjoyable than it would have been had I saw it through the original releases.

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
Let's see, this week I enjoyed Route 66 season 2 -"Kiss The Maiden All Forlorn", Naked City season 2 - "A Very Cautious Boy", and three good episodes of The Twilight Zone season 3 - "The Little People", "Four O'Clock" and "Hocus-Pocus and Frisby" with the great Andy Devine.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Garth, I too just watched a second season episode of ROUTE 66..."Mon petit chou"...I paused and slow mowed through the fight scene between Martin Milner and Lee Marvin, trying to spot the point at which Milner accidentally connected and broke Lee Marvin's nose...after which they had to find creative ways to complete Marvin's scenes to finish the episode's production...and leaving him worried that it would cost him his next and highly prized assignment in John Ford's "Man who shot Liberty Valance"...

This reminds me of the queasy feeling I get watching the MANNIX pilot episode where Mike Connors fractured his wrist in the fight scene with the chauffer/thug...you can clearly see when his punch landed on the steel plate of the back brace that stuntman Bob Garrett had under his clothes for his back pain problem...and Mike Connors also dislocated his shoulder filming the helicopter attack in the same pilot episode...tough guy, and I'm sure still tough at age 90 now...

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I screened my favorite episode of The Outer Limits for my son home for the weekend from college. I told him "The Architects of Fear" is the episode of television that, when first viewed at age 9 in 1963, inspired his father to become a scriptwriter. It was the perfect combination of a great science fiction idea tied to an emotional story with relate-able characters, fantastic acting, pinpoint dialogue, atmospheric noir lighting and hauntingly sad music. He appreciated the episode but wanted to see more of the 'bear' or monster of the week. But that's how you do it, folks, leave them wanting more.

I also this past weekend watched the last episode of Maverick season 5, "One of Our Trains is Missing," and an episode of The Men From Shiloh (The Virginian, Season 9), "Nan Allen." I'm done with Maverick without Garner. Jack Kelly is just not as bigger than life. And The Men From Shiloh is a pale ghost of the former series it was scrounged from, and treated (or rather completely untreated) very poorly in picture or sound for this last go-around. A shame.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I watched each night an episode of the first season of Kung Fu, grasshopper.

I might start regular viewings in my dvd rotation, it has been about 4 years since I watched it last.

I watched tonight "The Praying Mantis Kills", grasshopper.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Enjoyed the following this week:
CANNON- Season 4
MAVERICK- Season 2
HAWAII FIVE-O- Season 6
MORK & MINDY- Season 4
RAWHIDE- Season 3

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks