What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Burying the Ex -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

One should be aware, going in, that any film with Joe Dante's name attached to it, is likely to be odd, and entertaining, and fun.  Think Gremlins, Interspace, Piranha...

Burying the Ex sticks with that presumption.

No deeps thoughts.  A total popcorn movie.

In its most simplistic form, the film is about a young couple, definitely not made for each other, and headed for break-up.  Because of an innocent comment, made in the presence of an occult figure, they're destined to be together forever...

she returns, after death, to continue the relationship.

As a zombie.

One can try to imagine script meetings, concepts, jokes, as the film was in prep.

The leads, Ashley Greene, Alexandra Daddario, and Anton Velchin, don't take it seriously, and neither should you.

The closest I can come to relating to the film historically, are probably the old AIP horrodies, with the great horror stars of the past.  Wonderful films for teens, for holding hands and eating popcorn with a date in the dark.

If you're seeking to spend a mindless, yet sometimes fun, 90 minutes, Burying the Ex could make a fun rental.

As a Blu-ray, the film looks great, and up-rezzes smartly to 4k.

RAH

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love Joe Dante but I was surprised by how much I really enjoyed this movie. It's a small but fun movie and was probably one of my favorites this year. I guess it was nice to see a main character that was so relatable (especially his love of old horror movie posters and horror movie magazines) and how great would it be to have a girl that looks like Alexandra Daddario want to go to a Val Lewton double feature with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks