What's new

Mounting a small speaker in drywall (1 Viewer)

phantommullet67

Auditioning
Real Name
J
I have a sony Bravia system that's a few years old now. It has S-Air semi-wireless rear speakers (there is a receiver that connects wirelessly and then speaker wire that runs to the two rear speakers.

I had the speakers positioned perfectly for great sound in my living room. The problem is, one of the rear speakers sticks out from the wall in the main walkway of the living room, and people have plowed into it and ripped it down several times.

I want to cut out a small section of drywall and embed the speaker in the wall, running the wire through the wall, through the basement ceiling, and then up to the receiver on the other side of the room.

My question is, is there some kind of rubber edge protector that i can put on the drywall that will make it look nicer, keep the drywall from crumbling, and prevent any speaker vibration?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Why not just put a moulding (either glue or nail - if you can take out the speaker and screw wood into the stud a nail may be appropriate) around he speaker. They make small neck moulding (either wood grain or paintable) that covers up things nicely. In my old house in the basement I used it for things recessed into the wall.

Basement1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks