What's new

Best Entry Level Portable Projector? (1 Viewer)

pixelBell

Auditioning
Real Name
Stacey
I'm really interested in getting a "pico projector" for get together with friends. I've seen these things online and there are so many of them I don't know where to start. Can anyone help me understand what to look for. It would be great if anyone actually have one and can give their personal opinion.

pixelBell

Auditioning
Real Name
Stacey
I found a few that I am considering. These are pretty much in the price range of what I want to pay.

31b75jRa75L.jpg

AAXA Technologies ST200 720P LED Projector

http://www.amazon.com/ST200-Short-Projector-Multimedia-player/dp/B00W1PKXQ8

41ZQ1UaYRxL.jpg

Asus S1 LED Projector, 200 Lumens

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-S1-LED-Projector-Lumens/dp/B00I3UTUNW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_229_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1YMMTYY4KMK1FAWSY2WH

61TeHFQHZjL._SL1000_.jpg

Acer K132 600 Lumens Laser LED projector

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-K132-Lumens-Laser-Projector/dp/B00DIIL6ZO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_229_21?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MTRPC2C71CJ50VZKFCD

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
As a projector owner(Optoma DLP 3D-$800) I really don't see the draw of the 'Pico Projectors in your price range. My projector is 3500 Lumens brightness, and I still have to have the room completely black to take advantage of the picture quality. even the slightest ambient light, and the image looks washed out. And most projectors aren't terribly bigger than the Pico models:

393.JPG

But if you are set on the mini projector, please report back and let us know how you like it.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Bryan^H said:
As a projector owner(Optoma DLP 3D-$800) I really don't see the draw of the 'Pico Projectors in your price range. My projector is 3500 Lumens brightness, and I still have to have the room completely black to take advantage of the picture quality. even the slightest ambient light, and the image looks washed out. And most projectors aren't terribly bigger than the Pico models:

attachicon.gif
393.JPG

But if you are set on the mini projector, please report back and let us know how you like it.

I second a vote on optoma. I own the gt1080. Its pretty easy to port anywhere. it also a damn good projector for a reasonable price.

Jacob

pixelBell

Auditioning
Real Name
Stacey

I figured it would be cool to have a little projector to take to friends houses and do some backyard movies or take camping. I see your point on the sizing difference, the standard ones aren't that much bigger but I rather have it be smaller. I just hope the image quality isn't too bad but then again I can always return it.

I did an order for the AAXA ST200 and I'm pretty excited to get it and see how it works out. I'll post up a review when it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks