What's new

The Big Missing Sci-Fi's From Universal (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Universal has been doing a nice job lately or restoration and Blu-ray release, and I am really grateful. I am hoping they will also consider getting the following three of their better science-fiction films on Blu-ray:

THIS ISLAND EARTH

COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT

ICEMAN

I know this is begging, but it's for a good cause! :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I want all the Universal 50's Sci-Fi on Blu that they originally botched on DVD and released without OAR transfers in the Sci-Fi DVD sets. I still have not been able to watch any of them because of that. Universal has a bad habit of recycling old VHS and Laserdisc transfers for their 1950's films. There are also 2 Abbott and Costello films, 3 Francis films and 2 Ma and Pa Kettle films that they have never released OAR.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
John Sparks said:
Dr. Cyclops
It Came from Outer Space
A&B Go to Mars
Deadly Mantis
The Land Unknown
The Monolith Monsters
4D Man
Dinosaurus
Oh, yeah...and those, too. Certainly DR. CYCLOPS and IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (3-D), neither of which is available anywhere worldwide.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Dr Cyclops and Tarantula and Monolith Monsters are or were available on what was once a Best Buy exclusive ...volumes 1 and 2 of Sci-Fi Ultimate collection .
Got 'em all. What we want is them on BD!!!

JeffT.

Deceased Member
revenge-of-the-creature-1955-0.jpg

I will "third" COLOSSUS THE FORBIN PROJECT (1970) something that I have persistently trumpeted for here. The star Eric Braeden appeared in a pair of fine 1970s SF films COLOSSUS and ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES (1971) as two distinctly varying characters.

I'd like to (further) suggest THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN (1957) in Region A.

And will lend further support for:

IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE (1953),
REVENGE OF THE CREATURE (1955),
THIS ISLAND EARTH (1955),
TARANTULA! (1955),
THE CREATURE WALKS AMONG US (1956),
THE MOLE PEOPLE (1956),
THE LAND UNKNOWN (1957) in CinemaScope,

THE DEADLY MANTIS (1957),
THE MONOLITH MONSTERS (1957) and
MONSTER ON THE CAMPUS (1958).

I'd also like to see CURSE OF THE UNDEAD (1959) as part of the Universal horror blu-ray package.

creature_walks_among_us_02.jpg

Jeff T.

:D

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
The Germans are doing a fine job with Universal sci fi . I have The Monolith Monsters, Tarantula and The Incredible Shrinking Man and they've recently released Revenge of the Creature on Bluray but the included 3D version is anaglyph.

Still- I'm keen to give it a go but the last anaglyph 3D Blu I bought was almost unwatchable - Friday the 13th Part 3 IIRC

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The Germans are doing a fine job with Universal sci fi . I have The Monolith Monsters, Tarantula and The Incredible Shrinking Man and they've recently released Revenge of the Creature on Bluray but the included 3D version is anaglyph.

Still- I'm keen to give it a go but the last anaglyph 3D Blu I bought was almost unwatchable - Friday the 13th Part 3 IIRC
do you have inks for these?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The Monolith Monsters is out of stock which makes sense since I remember it being a limited edition. Can Tarantula be watched with the original english sound track with or without english subtitles? I.E. is it USA friendly?

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
As many on these forums will be aware, It came from Outer Space is planned for a 3-D Blu-ray release, hopefully within the year.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yeah, but its another import unless Universal is planning to do *IT* in 3D themselves domestically.. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks