What's new

"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded" - on iPad & iPhone (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Anyone else having this problem?

The last week or so, HTF keeps reloading the page spontaneously with the message "A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded". This is happening on my iPad and iPhone.

I suspect it is related to all these embedded video ads and animated ad banners. Could be something else, but my money is on the ads.

It's a minor annoyance for browsing, but it makes posting intolerable. Several times I've been right in the middle of writing a post and it reloads causing me to lose my progress. It even happened to me while starting this thread.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any feedback from the HTF folks on this?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Doing a bit more research, I found that this seems to be a general problem with iOS 8.

Still, I haven't been experiencing it in any significNt way on other sites (at least not in a way that I've noticed), but here it has been bad.

And it just started being noticeable a few weeks ago. I still suspect something with the ads here are exacerbating the problem.

I'll go ahead and do all the "delete website data, close all apps, reboot device" stuff and see if that helps at all.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good ad blocker app that can be used on iPad/iPhone?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Downloaded an ad blocker app.

Curious to see how it works. It seems to remove the banner ads and the video ads, so I'll see if I continue to have the issue now.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sean Bryan said:
Doing a bit more research, I found that this seems to be a general problem with iOS 8.

Still, I haven't been experiencing it in any significNt way on other sites (at least not in a way that I've noticed), but here it has been bad.

And it just started being noticeable a few weeks ago. I still suspect something with the ads here are exacerbating the problem.

I'll go ahead and do all the "delete website data, close all apps, reboot device" stuff and see if that helps at all.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good ad blocker app that can be used on iPad/iPhone?
I have this occasionally on my iPad with iOS 8 on a variety of websites. But not, to my recollection, with HTF (at least not particularly).

As for ad blockers, those aren't available until iOS 9. If you're running the beta, this is getting discussion. But it's also in beta and not available broadly yet.

http://murphyapps.co/crystal

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Happens on my iPad 2 all the time. Very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks