What's new

Setting up multiple TV's from one location (1 Viewer)

Chris_Houston

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Grew
Firstly everything is over Cat5. I have a central location (which is my media room), which will house all of my inputs (multiple cable boxes, apple tv, internet input etc), but I then what the ability to run this over Cat5 so that the output is in separate rooms. What equipment do I need to achieve this? I want to be able to watch different shows on different TV's (hence the multiple cable boxes). One of my biggest questions is if the boxes are in a different location in the house, how do I change the channel?

Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Changing the channel is easy, get an RF remote. Logitech Harmony has some.

Do all of the sources have HDMI output? If so, then you can feed them into HDMI switchers and out to HDMI to cat-5 adapters. But you can't run the cat-5 through a switch or hub. It must be a direct run from the HDMI to cat-5 adapter to a cat-5 to HDMI adapter.

How many people are in the house? My house has 2 people since the cat's don't watch much TV. I feed all of my sources (2 DirecTV DVRs, Blu-ray and Roku) into an HDMI 4 in/2 out switch box. One output feeds my projector and one output feeds the 2nd TV in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks