What's new

5.1 Speakers placement (1 Viewer)

afsl01

Auditioning
Real Name
Alfredo
Hello.
I have a problem, which is the best position where I should place the speakers in terms of acoustic to get the best surround sound?

The options where I can place the speakers are in the attached picture.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 35

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Definitely do not place the front three high near the ceiling like in the first picture. They are positioned correctly in the second picture.

For the surrounds, I have mine roughly equivalent to the blue and yellow positions, though slightly behind the listening position, rather that directly to the side.

I am not a fan of placing 5.1 surround speakers on the ceiling - leave that for Atmos.

Whether you place the surrounds closer to ear level (pink/green) or higher (blue/yellow) is up to you and how likely you are to bump the speakers if they're low on the wall.

Either option will probably work fine - just be sure to properly calibrate your system after it's set up so that the relative SPL levels are consistent around.

setupgetup

Auditioning
Real Name
Jessica
I would probably keep the surrounds about half a foot higher than ear level and the tweeters at or below ear level (under the tv like in the second picture) if your setup would allow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks